• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2017 exprots blank PDF

Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did choose Save as PDF.

Open with preview and it comes up as blank.. i choose hoose Export as PDF. Still nothing on  document.

Illustrator 2017. Can someone tell me if there's another way of saving as PDF please?

I'm doing a business card format for myself.

I did group some layers. I also tried resterizing option. I tried group all layers under one group.  Nothing worked.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

In your layers panel double click on each layer and in the Layers Options dialog youā€™ll see make sure that ā€œPrintā€ is checked. If you see template checked uncheck it and check Print. Then try making your pdf again using Save as pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Had the same problem using Illustrator 2022 Mac. Tried all the settings and nothing. Finally saved as a copy for PDF and it worked this time. Unbelievable and unacceptable that this is still an issue from 2017. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

This worked for me. I had to click on the main layer, not the sublayers. I included a screenshot in case it helps anyone else since I was struggling to figure out how to get the right dialog box to pop up.Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your layers panel double click on each layer and in the Layers Options dialog youā€™ll see make sure that ā€œPrintā€ is checked. If you see template checked uncheck it and check Print. Then try making your pdf again using Save as pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey cut it out Bill! Great minds think alike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you so much! Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. I had to click on the main layer, not the sublayers. I included a screenshot in case it helps anyone else since I was struggling to figure out how to get the right dialog box to pop up.Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see a screenshot of the Layers panel? Are you opening the PDF in Acrobat Pro (DC) or in Illustrator?

If you're not opening it in Illustrator, give it a try to see if your design is still there. Please let up know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I save as PDF and they show normally. No need to group layers or anything. You have to have only "eye" tool open with every layer you want to show as your PDF.

Go yo your file and right click, choose Adobe Acrobat option and you can see it. You can always open PDFs with other programs too.

If you are doing a business card, you should add bleeds too before you save the file as PDF.  I prefer InDesign for making business cards. You can place vector graphics and other stuff there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, folks, I'm having the same problem, only I'm working in Illustrator CC 2019.  I've checked and double-checked all of my layers to make sure that I have "print" selected.  Still coming up with a blank pdf.  Note:  I'm working with a vehicle wrap template, specifically a 2011 Ford E-Series Van.

EDIT:  Going back, I saved the file as a .pdf again, only this time, I set the Adobe PDF Preset to "Press Quality".  That seemed to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem using Illustrator 2022 Mac. Tried all the settings and nothing. Finally saved as a copy for PDF and it worked this time. Unbelievable and unacceptable that this is still an issue from 2017. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way that I was able to get it to work was when I selected "Print" and then set the printer to "Adobe PDF".

Never have this issue. For this project I used "Transform" to create a Step and Repeat banner of a pdf file. Something may be connected to that -- but I tried all of the above approaches and none of the above worked. This added 30 minutes to a relatively easy job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never have this issue. For this project I used "Transform" to create a Step and Repeat banner of a pdf file.

By @Ryan 2535

Can you perhaps tell us some details of this? Did you use it to create a block shadow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used ā€œtransform eachā€ to shift and repeat a placed pdf to create a photo
booth backdrop. So it repeated the logo/image several times.--
Ryan Dillon
Music Teacher | KIPP Academy of Opportunity
[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks.

My guess was about the file getting too complex by having thousands of paths in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was so helpful! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

generally defined as the art of music [link disabled by moderator] arranging sound to create some combination of form, harmony, melody, rhythm or otherwise expressive content.

[ link disabled by moderator ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to be an internal problem with Adobe Illustrator. I found that problem after leatest update of AI. Nothing works for me.

I've just uninstalled Illustrator and installed it again. Annoying problem has gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines