• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019 Crashes when Opening File on Second Monitor on Windows 10

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you guys could help me with this one.

I've recently installed a second monitor to my computer, and everytime i open any Illustrator file, while runing adobe illustrator in the second monitor, it crashes. The only way to open the file succesfully, is to run Illustrator in the first monitor, then open the file and drag the window to the second monitor.

I'm running with Nvidia GeForce GTX1070. The first monitor is with HDMI and the second with Display Port 1.4.

I've updated all drivers and all the adobe softwares.

Please help!

Thank you.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Okay, I found the answer for this just now.

I think the problem is from the GPU Perfromance. I disable it and now it not crashing anymore.

In preferences, go to "Performance" and untick the GPU Performance box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator on second screen. Similar issue was reported earliar with Illustrator 2018 and was fixed (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/34917547-illustrator-cr...).  If you are not already on the latest version, then we recommend you to update the application.

I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator 
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?

You can also try to set external monitor as your primary screen. Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've seen the issue you've sent but unfortunately there's no answer on how to fix it.

I'm using Windows 10 and Adobe Illustrator cc 23.0.6. and the files are in the system HDD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information. Please submit the crash report with your email address by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Illustrator keeps crashing, I stopped counting. Reinstalled, it keep crashing on starting up new files or opening old ones. Started experiencing this since yesterday. Never before. Any advice? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daymie,

Sorry to hear about this. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.  

• Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,
I also have similar problem, everytime I open a file in my second monitor, my illustrator will crash. But not crashing if I open in my main monitor. So everytime I want to open a file, I have to drag my illustrator to my main monitor first, then after the file is opened, I move it back to my second monitor.

I've visited the link that you provide but not much help.

My OS is windows 10 Home edition

Illustrator version 23.1 (64 bit)
My hardware MSI GF75 9SC
My second monitor is LG IPS WSXGA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I found the answer for this just now.

I think the problem is from the GPU Perfromance. I disable it and now it not crashing anymore.

In preferences, go to "Performance" and untick the GPU Performance box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunawan, 

Glad to hear you're back on track. As you mentioned that issue is resolved by turning off GPU performance in Illustrator preferences, I would suggest that if you can try updating the graphic card driver from the manufacturer's website (for example, if you have an NVIDIA graphic card, then update driver from https://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in) your in your free time and then try to turn on GPU performance once again and check how it works.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this, I had the same issue, I solved it in the same way by turning off the GPU performance.

I updated my drivers (NVIDIA RTX 2060) just today and stills not working the GPU and crashes on a second screen, so this would be a problem of adobe? 

Thanks in advance, Srihti!

Best regards,

Mirsha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have experienced the same thing.  MSI Creator with a RTX 2060 with the nvidia set to studio mode.

Turning off GPU performance worked!

I cant wait untill this is resolved however, because I really am missing the smooth zoom.

Thanks for the thread!! saved me such a pain in my workflow

Regards,

Julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this worked for me.thanks buddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines