Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019 slow in overprint preview on macOS Mojave

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So here's my problem: when I enable the overprint preview, Illustrator gets very slow. I'm on the latest version of illustrator right now (23.0.3).

I tried getting help from Adobe with a remote control session a while ago, but they couldn't do anything to correct the situation.

Anyone have a solution to this problem? Never had such trouble when I was using CS6 but since I'm on CC it can take like 5 second to zoom in or out. Well any action takes double to triple the time when in overprint preview.

Here's the spec of my IMAC

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 3.57.05 PM.png

Thanks!

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query, Illustrator works fine until you switch to overprint preview. That's definitely shouldn't be happening. To help you make this right I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us?
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)
  • Please confirm if you have Suitcase Font application installed on your system? If yes, please remove Extensis font management plug-in from of the Illustrator plug-ins folder (Finder > Applications > Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 > Plug-ins) and let us know if that helps.

• Try resetting preferences (How to set preferences in Illustrator ) and let us know if that helps. Please do take a back up of the old folders before resetting them and share them with us (Zip the folders, upload them to the Creative Cloud and share the download link). Location is mentioned in the help article.

Please note resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings.

Looking forward to your response!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe does not stubbornly solve this problem ... the illustrator is problematic on imac 5K screens, any solution you give does not work ... the packaging industry has to work in overprint mode ... How can CS6 illustrator be faster than cc 2020 when overprint mode is on ??? If you don't have 5K imac, I'll send it for testing. I am writing again, imac 5K computer also has illustrator optimization problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get an answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still using v.23? and/or OSX.14.5? Upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kullandığım sistem ve sürümler;

macOS Monterey 12.0.1

iMac (Retine 5K, 27 inç, 2020)

CPU: 3,8 GHz 8 çekirdekli Intel Core i7

RAM: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 32x

M2 SSD 512 GB (flash depolama)

GPU AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8GB

AI sürümü: 26.0.1

Adobe CC (masaüstü) sürüm: 5.6.0.788

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mücahitç64065306,

Sorry about the trouble. In Overprint view, Illustrator switches to CPU view. Thus, there is a minimal noticeable lag in less complex art, and it will lag heavily If your artwork is complex. Also, CPU performance gets affected if CPU thermal throttle or there is a High CPU usage app or service running in the background/ simultaneously. If that is not the case, I would request you to try the steps suggested in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...). If that doesn't help, then you may try installing the previous version of Illustrator and check or clean install your Mac/ Creative Cloud first then reinstall the app.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Anshul_Saini
I opened this issue as a subject and I could not reach a conclusion, you took care of me. I've done all the settings said, nothing has changed. Friends who are interested in the remote connection method could not find any solution. I would like to meet with experienced people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess we don't have a problem with anyone about this issue, very few issues seem to have been opened and there is no solution. Can anyone find a solution please let me know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines