Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illustrator 2022 Crashing on macOS Monterey

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue with Ai 2021 but now Ai 2022 keeps crashing on me. Uninstalled an re-installed twice. Im on MaOS Monteray. Have no clue what to do. I can use Ai 2021 but ill have to deal with the right click menu problem.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Confirm the exact version of Illustrator 2022. Is it v26.0 or 26.0.1?
  • Does it seem to crash at random, at launch, or after performing a particular action?
  • Does it crash while working on a specific document? If yes, could you please package the document and share it with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link here or via DM.
  • Where are you saving the documents and links (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It is not file specific. It was crashing when I tride to access the Properties, layers or Library panel. In fact these would not appear. I reinstalled and now the layers and properties panels appear and appear to work, however as soon as I click on the Library panel it freezes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me the same.  font issues. deactivate suitcase auto activate plug-in and it works

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to share the information as asked above and try the following steps:

• Update App & OS to the latest v26.0.1
  • Resetting Illustrator Preferences ( https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html).
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
  • Try running the app in Safe Mode  (MacWindows) & Root/ Hidden Admin account (MacWindows)?

Let us know how it goes. We'd be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ventually solved it with a full iuninstall and cleanup of all things Adobe. Bit of a pain but it worked. I had seen something that suggested cleaning the CC library data only and then reinstalling just them but figured it had cost me enough time aleready. I wasn't [re[ared to take the risk of wasting more.

Tools I used after killing every Adobe related process running were:

AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Creative_Cloud_Uninstaller.dmg

Then a clean install of CC desktop app and a clean install of the Illustrator and the other apps. The apps like Illustratoer failed at first with error 403 and worked after going to the updates section and checking for updates. None were found but that is not the point of that part of the process. After doing it the install of the apps worked and so far (still within the first 24 hours though) all appears to be working again.

For anyone interested in trying only the CC Library reinstall, the DMG file for that is called CCLibrary.dmg

Sorry I assume for Windows it's CCLibrary.exe but I don't know for sure.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you had to go through that to get it working, and thank you for sharing the detailed steps & information. It may help someone else. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks mate. Truly appreciate the level of support from Adobe.  It's a refreshing change in the world of big tech 🙂 but Adobe was always that way. t's in the culture. I remember attending a meeting at the Adobe offices in NYC in August 1993 to show us how this new thing called Acrobat would change the way the world does business. Only regret is that a lot of what they showed us back then still hasn't become mainstream. That said the other tools and apps including the takeover, assimilation and improvement of the Macromedia suite of products (that I owned pre-takeover) have been phenomenal.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

probably are fonts. i deactivate autoactive fonts suitcase plugin and illustrator works. mac os catalina

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines