• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 Keeps Crashing constantly v26.4.1 - Progress / processing bar

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened an existing PDF file to edit. Can only work for a few minutes before program crashes and everythng disappears.

When trying to open the file again, or just the program, it says "Adobe Illustrator just recovered from a crash." The progam then says "processing" and that lasts for 20 minutes or forever. (Even though file is only 705 KB.)
It keeps happening over and over again.

Can't even open Illustrator because it keeps trying to recover the last file.

The PDF file had an "unknown shading" error, but that appeared to go away after the first save.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. Many users have reported this.

Deleting the .runConfig & .runConfigRobin files from the following location should improve or fix the issue entirely.

Windows:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings\en_US\x64

On Windows, "AppData" is a hidden folder. Steps to see hidden files & folders on windows are here (https://bit.ly/3BXFhqb).

Mac:

/Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings/en_US

On Mac, user library and .runCo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Anyone received a reply that may be of benefit? I've unistalled and re-installed with same results!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently had t downgrade to get Illustrator working. Is it now safe to update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davidc85205287,

Thanks for reaching out. I am glad to inform you that issue has been resolved, and it is safe to update now. Many users have confirmed that.

However, if you still face this issue, you may follow the steps suggested in this help article to resolve it.

If it still doesn't help, you may upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45535087-crashi...) and stay tuned for the updates.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Anshul. I'll give it a try later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @PatrisS@Horizon Communications@cgk-grafik@williamb37678970@DAVID237574766xme,

We are sorry for the trouble. There are multiple reports regarding crashes. Users see a process bar, and Illustrator freezes or crashes then. Do you see similar behavior at your end? If yes, would you mind sharing a few details like:

• The exact version of Windows (Build Number) and Illustrator (Version)
  • Is this happening with both old & new files?
  • Is this happening after opening a file or performing a particular action/using a specific tool?
  • What exactly happens? Illustrator freezes and starts non-responding, or it simply crashes?
  • Please share the Illustrator app dump file from the Task Manager. The steps are here (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html)

Also, try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

If that doesn't help, you may roll back and install the older v26.3.1.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustartor just crashes on open, I can't recover anything. Illustrator / Creative Cloud says it's up to date. I bought this suite like 2 weeks ago and need this for my work, and I'm pretty disappointed in Adobe. It's version 26.41. What is the issue here? Anyone have ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grace,

are you getting any error messages? Could you indicate what are the features of your computer and on that OS are you running the software? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Grace25572648e5ig,

We are sorry for the trouble. There are multiple reports regarding crashes. Users see a process bar, and Illustrator freezes or crashes then. Do you see similar behavior at your end? If yes, would you mind sharing a few details like:

• Is this happening after opening a file or performing a particular action/using a specific tool?
  • What exactly happens? Illustrator freezes and starts non-responding, or it simply crashes?
  • Please share the Illustrator app dump file from the Task Manager. The steps are here (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html)

Also, try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue; can't launch the application. Serious bug; a patch must be coming down the pipe... today please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is happening with Illustrator is getting a bit frustrating, I'm trying to use it for a couple of days now and it keeps crashing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Ana25183878xy23,

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is adobe not going to doing anything about the new update which causes the program to crash as soon as you open it up? I keep seeing responses from adobe to jump through hoops to reinstall this, check that, check this, ... How about using some common sense and a bit of occam's razor? People started having this issue (myself included) as soon as the update happend. Ergo, the problem is with the update and not the individual systrems. Please fix it as many people are working to a deadline!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @DAVID237574766xme,

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11, Illustrator crashes regardless of file or action.

Doesn't last 30 seconds and it crashes.

get your ship togethor adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @samik18289187,

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem. Just spent 2 days unable to work in Illustrator, my main program. Deleting the .runConfig & .runConfigRobin files is the only thing that has worked.  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello y'all,

i dont know what i'm doing wrong. as soon as i open Illustrator and start to work on some vector graphics, a window with "progress - being processed" pops up.

I don't have any other programs open in the background.

I have a Intel Core i5-1135G7 2,40 GHz, 16 GB Ram and a Intel Iris Xe Graphics with 1024 MB.

It also happens when i start it without working on something.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Noah25569958pdpg,

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav,

- i have Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H1.

- it's happening with both old & new files.

- it's happening when i create a new file and also open a existing file.

- Illustrator freezes and starts non responding.

Unfortunately, i don't get any dump file. I also tried the troubleshooting with deleting the preferences. I now installed the version v26.3.1. and it works perfect!

Thank you very much Anubhav.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issues all day!! Reinstalled the app but to no avail! 

atcdot_0-1660036135352.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello atcdot,

just try using the v26.3.1, now it's working again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what the issue is. I see a lot of people complaining about an update on the 8th. On the 8th everything was working fine. Today however is a different story. Program loads, open a file, use the pen tool for 3 clicks, and poof. It shuts itself down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. just realized the V 26.4.1 was updated on my computer today, the 9th. So yeah. Thanks adobe. When is the new new update thats going to fix the bugs in this update coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

I have worked with big files before and then it does crash - according to expectations.

But I am now not working with big files and it is crashing more often than before.

More than 5 times I have lost my work.  INSANE!

I am sooooo frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines