• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 Keeps crashing on Windows 10 machine

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, Illustrator 2022 not opening on Windows 10, the Adobe crash report trys to do som... ...Adobe just test and fix your software so us paying fools can use it, stop pushing the blame on the us and sort it out pls.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Hi all,

Adobe Illustrator 2022(v26.0.1) is now released worldwide with stability fixes. Please update your app to the latest version & see if it helps.
Let us know if you face any concern. We'll be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine keeps on crashing too...
lost my work soooooooooooooo many times...

Difficult to activate software, and it crashes when I try to close it.

So I have to open task manager everytime i want to close the software lol

this is ridiculous..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest update continues the same crashing behavior.  I've reverted to Illustrator 2021 and can do my work as before.  This is not a user problem, it's an Illy 2022 problem.

I'm not trying to pile on, but lend credence to the other users that what they are experiencing is widespread and commonplace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap......I can't even get the type tool to work. Why did i update....why.....oh....cause Adobe creative Cloud keeps pushing this crap.  I can't even use the type tool.....ridiculous. It's late, I need sleep....NO WORK GETTING DONE. Thanks Adobe.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling 2022......It make feel like it's 2020 again and that was a pretty crappy year.  I'm going out on a limb and say you cater to Apple and Windows users be damned.  That's why you switched the Ctrl - Shift - S in Photoshop to where you can't save a file in any format.

Your patch didn't work, unless your plan was to turn my computer into a paper weight.....then your patch worked perfectly.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi😊

Im having the same issue... AI 2022 crashes quite often...every few hours or a few mins after starting...

*I have windows 10 Home version 20H2 

*AMD FX (tm) - 8310 eight -core processor 3.40 GHZ

*Ram: 8.00GB  

*64-bit OS x64 -based processor 
Any suggestions? 
Thank you 😊 

-Jo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME! v26.0.2 is the worst.

It's 28th Dec now. I tried all the solutions you guys suggested here but still does not work at all.

I really tried every single way here, but it still the same. It crashes even I not yet open any file LOL!

Broke and frustrated, can't believe we pay for this 'Adobe service'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had adobe tech on my laptop for hours trying everything. Even removing all my fonts (not sure why) but it turns out the new update required me to add adobe to the safe list of my internet security.  Strange as it may be, it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, some tutorials are talking about removing all our fonts to solve the crashing problem, it does not work for me tho. But I would like to add Adobe to the safe list of my antivirus. Are you using Windows 10 too? I have only Virus & threat protection in my laptop, not sure what can I do now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I added Illustrator to safe list of Windows Firewall but it did not work. Adding Creative Cloud or other Adobe apps too, just didn't work. *sob*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Solved: All my important documents are in E drive. So, I reset my laptop (C drive) and re-installed Windows 10 Pro. Every Adobe apps work well now, it never been this smooth! My illustrator 2022 does not crash after this. I think it crashed because of technician did not help me to change my new SSD in a proper way. So, format PC and re-install Windows 10 is a way to settle the crashing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was crashing before I updated. Thought it was because I needed to purchase new year, so I di. I updated to 2022 as advized to and now I can only get as far as selecting 3d before the whole thing locks my computer up! I did not pay good money to want to throw my computer out the window!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Then I reset my laptop and re-installed Windows 10 Pro. Everything works well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem even in February. Just updated to the latest version (2021 to 2022) and I can't even get the app to open. If I open it  from the creative cloud desktop app, it only appears to be open in my task manager. If I open it from the startup menu of Windows 10, it acts like it's opening but gets stuck on the new Puffin artwork. The task Manager shows it as not responding.
I've read through these and tried the virus protection. uninstalling and redownloading, restarting my computer, etc. Fianlly, I uninstalled and downloaded the oldest version of Illustrator it allowed me to and it worked but what the heck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's March 2022 and I've tried opening Illustrator 10 times, and it crashes as soon as I try to access the Swatches-panel for some reason? What's that about? I updated the app as well, and it's still happening. That's incredibly annoying because I'm trying to do work that needs to get done. What exactly am I paying for, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem in March 2022. Ive even taken the entire harddrive to my computer guy. He says my system is completely up to date that this is an Adobe issue. Going to try and install 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Customer Care so they can login to your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Illustrator 26.5 would always freeze after the startscreen.

I tried rebooting, reinstalling, i tried removing settings, i tried older version down to 25.0, i tried the Adobe Cleaner App... nothing helped. Adobe tech support  via remote desktop quickly found out that it was a faulty PRINTER DRIVER installation that blocked illustrator.

This helped: Try setting your "standart printer" back to "Adobe PDF" as default. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Customer Care so they can login to your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

If you tell us details about your issue, someone on this forum might be able to give you hints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@matts18366665 I've just looked back through your post history. You have been asked for details of your exact issues and your system but have never given them. What you have done is moaned about Adobe and made the false claim that it 'never fixes anything'.

I would suggest you either start a thread in this forum outlining your particular issues, giving the repeatable steps that others can replicate, along with your system details. That way, those that volunteer their time here can try and assist. Or contact Adobe care and ask them to take a look at your installation.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines