Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2023 (27.0) Generating *lots* of temp files

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using Illustrator for a number of years now, and have only been running into this issue recently.

When just using Illustrator, (Opening, saving, closing, etc.) a *lot* of temp files and folders are being generated. Sometimes after using it for an hour or two, I'll have 4-5 temp files, and other times, a 15 minute session will leave me with 30 files + 30 folders.

I have no idea what's causing it, and I can't seem to consistently replicate it.

Does anyone have any ideas? It's starting to become quite frustrating.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I store files on Dropbox as well as you but don't get .tmp files. I also work on a Mac.

Have you tried this with Illustrator files you work on your local drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve, thanks for the quick response.

I've been using Illustrator on dropbox for as long as I've been using Illustrator. I'll move some files to my local drive and see if I get the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Bailey5D66,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying to uncheck the Automatic Proxy from Internet options and check if it helps?

AnubhavMajumder_0-1669833624055.png

Internet Properties>Connections>LAN settings>Uncheck Automatic settings

Also, kindly try using the local drive and manually copy your work to the cloud-synced folder, as suggested by Steve, to avoid problems. You may learn more about this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines