Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator 2024 tidle key

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please help,

Win 11 - just updated illustrator 2024 28.0.

The tilde key is locked on the transform object (outer shape). I could move outer shape but not pattern even if I change setting in cale :

if I go into scale, I could still tickle only the "scale pattern" button but it won't work when I'm out of tool pop up box, I'm back again with transform object this is VERY annoying. I could move the pattern using move and tickle only "move pattern", same for rotate...

but If I'm not able to fully use tilde key it is a big problem.

reinstalled older version -- no change ( but it was working last week !)

reset all setting -- no change

change language, size ( pica, point millimeter...) -- no changes

uninstall-reinstall -- no change

changed increment 1.00001 to 1 - no change

cancel all setting -- no change

-- when illustrator 2024 was available, the creative cloud did not substitute illustrator 2023,

once 2024 was installed I canceled illustrator 2023, i'm astute plugin user, but since I found this mess I did not reinstalled the plug in ...

I lost a lot of time now, I cannot use the pattern this odd way, please send back tilde key ! please help

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

unistalled all languages but keep one, do troubleshoot ( nothing found), and finelly do a boot check + correct from system, then install US keyboard (instead of UK ) and this works at the end... what a stressssssssssss

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to move the pattern inside the shape with the tilde key pressed, but that doesn't work in version 2024, only in 2023?

You have the correct language of Illustrator installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last week it was working normally on 2023, it is the command I am using the most since ever. 

when installing 2024 hte tilde does not work as usual, when I change the choice into scale tool box he revert automatically to scale to object only whern using tilde key, when I'm back into scale tools box I see both transform object and pattern selected, if select only pattern it revert to both setting but the strange point is that even if I could select transform objectg only when I back the scale box window re selected both ...  I'm going mad ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the tidle key do not work back even in 2023, i tried all .. but the tilde command key seems freez and I cannot modify it from scale box tool, it revert to trasform objet for tidle key whatever I could select from. I feel lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you change since it was working?

Install a new system?

Install hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed new illustrator 2024 and removed 2023... no other changes...

win did update last week but I cannot say if it was before or after illustrator 2024 installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Wacom installed? The current driver doesn't work with certain modifier keys.

Apart from that: probably only Customer Care can help. Tilde key with patterns has always been wonky and never worked for some languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no wacom installed.

last week on ill 2023 everthing was working fine, it's about 20 years I'm using illustrator, I have an english keyboard to avoid any trouble even if I'm not english... how could I contact customer care pls ? I'm doing 3d and tilde quick pattern position is a key feature for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not find the tilde key in the shortcut manager, maybe assigning it to another key ?

but the weird thing is something that "force" the program to redo to "transform shape" even if I select "trasform pattern".

I feel lost - pls jhelp 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I once faced a similar issue with a key not working properly in a software update. In my case, I found that the problem was due to a conflict with another application running in the background. Here's how I resolved it:

1. Checked Background Applications: I looked at what other applications were running on my computer. I found that one of them had a keyboard shortcut that was interfering with my software.

2. Closed Conflicting Applications: After closing this application, the key started working again in the software I was using.

3. Restarted the Computer: Sometimes, simply restarting the computer can help reset any temporary glitches that might be causing the issue.

4. Rechecked Software Settings: I also went back into the software settings to make sure nothing had changed with the recent update that could affect the key's functionality.

This approach worked for me and might be a good starting point for resolving your issue with the tilde key in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thank for this "key" path to solve the issue, I will have a look on last app update, even if it's hard to undermine which app would use the "tilde" key... but I should also check if does exist a shortcut that select "transform object" because in one hand the "tilde" key is dead but in other hand the trasform object in scale box tool is always back selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled 3 times ( after cleaning up any old illustrtor folder ) and rebbot several times... but I'm checking now the background app process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another - point, in the preferences/general when I uncheck "transform pattern Tiles" I could change only the outline shape, and this is fine.... but if I select another tool from the tool bar, the "transform pattern Tiles" is selected back AGAIN... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unistalled all languages but keep one, do troubleshoot ( nothing found), and finelly do a boot check + correct from system, then install US keyboard (instead of UK ) and this works at the end... what a stressssssssssss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Adobe Illustrator 2023 to version 27.9 and installing Adobe Illustrator 2024, I encountered the exact same issue as you. No changes to any preference settings were effective, and like you, I attempted troubleshooting (even reinstalled once) and adding an American keyboard did not improve the situation. In the end, I reverted to Adobe Illustrator 2023 version 27.5, and everything returned to normal.
I believe this issue needs to be addressed and improved in the upcoming updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely yes, this kind of bug seems to be recurent, "this" already happened in the past.

Alas, when I reverted to previous version there were no change, I would think that the complete reset of all languages settings is one of the "key" step to solve this issue.

When you are faced to this kind of trouble you realize that it is missing an alternative to this program and you feel even more alone.

Back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines