• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2024 v28 Crash on opening missing plugin issues detected & an unknown error occurred

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Updated from version 27.9 to version 28 with the following issue.

CrashCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Here are the two errors recieved when loading up Illustrator.

Previous versions of Illustrator work fine.

This error persists across 2 differnt PC's with identical errors.

We have tried everything in this post

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html?trackingid=TG8SLGS2&mv=in-product&m...

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

LBL

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

v28.1 Beta has fixed MOST of the errors. It still shows one plugin issue, but the program seems to run fine. It's a bug and they are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LBL3 @nunob31682857,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing a missing plugin & an unknown error occurred issues after updating Illustrator. Let's try some troubleshooting steps:

• Update Creative Cloud App: Go to Help >> Check for updates in the Creative Cloud app. After updating, check if the issue is resolved.
  • Reinstall Creative Cloud: If updating the Creative Cloud app doesn't help, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Sometimes, this can resolve such issues.
  • Check for 3rd Party Plugins: Ensure there are no third-party plugins installed on your machine. Sometimes, these plugins can conflict with Illustrator. Remove them and try launching Illustrator.

Please let me know if any of these steps resolve the problem. If the issue persists, feel free to provide more details for further assistance like OS version, System specs, and if there are any recent changes to your machine.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've already done everything you suggest, I've uninstalled all the Adobe applications, I've run AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool, I've only reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop and Illustrator and the problem continues. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried these steps.  Still the problem remains.

Are there any documented cases of this happening that you can refer from internally?

Best regards

LBL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for following the recommended troubleshooting steps, and I'm sorry to hear that the problem persists even after reinstalling Creative Cloud Desktop and Illustrator, @nunob31682857@LBL3.

Since you've exhausted the common solutions and the issue remains, I've logged a bug report with the product team so that they can investigate the problem further. Your feedback is valuable in helping us identify and resolve issues like this.

Here are some additional steps you can try:

• Turn Off the Internet: Temporarily disconnect from the Internet and try running the affected Adobe applications. Sometimes, issues related to licensing or background processes can be the cause.

• Run as Administrator: Right-click on the Adobe application's shortcut or executable and select "Run as administrator." This can sometimes resolve permission-related problems. Also, ensure that the Illustrator app has Admin rights to the Illustrator preferences folder.

• Disable Antivirus: If you have antivirus software installed, it might be blocking certain operations of Adobe applications. Temporarily disable the antivirus and see if the problem persists. If disabling the antivirus helps, consider adding the Adobe applications as exceptions.

• Disable GPU performance: Temporarily disable GPU performance from Adobe apps preferences and let us know how it goes.
  • Update or Roll Back GPU Drivers: Issues with GPU drivers can sometimes cause problems with Adobe applications. Try updating your GPU drivers to the latest version. If that doesn't work, consider rolling back to a previous stable version of the drivers.

If this doesn't help, please keep an eye on future updates for Illustrator, as bug fixes and improvements are often included in new releases. In the meantime, I recommend installing the previous version of Illustrator v27.9.

If you have any more information or if there are updates regarding this issue, feel free to share them here. I'll do my best to assist you and provide any updates from the product team when available.

Thank you for your patience, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want direct help, please contact Customer Care. They can login to your computer. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Air is up-to-date. My Illustrator is up-to-date. I have Sonoma 14.1.1. Illustrator 2024 v28.0. I'm getting the same error message as reported above when I launch I've reinstalled Illustrator. I tried clicking the link below to directly contact support but I don't see where I can chat with someone. I can't launch or use Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and I have no additional or third party plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chat is not active on the weekend.

Did you run the Adobe Cleaner tool in between uninstalling and reinstalling?

Did you already reboot the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Cleaner Tool did the trick! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having these same issues 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems too, Ai 2024 crashing frenquently. I have to use 2023 version for working flow normaly.
Done all updates and don´t understand why older versions work fine and this is always with issues.
I also use Ai 2021 for some cutting machines plug-ins and works fine.
Also notice sometimes it consumes a lot of CPU and GPU. Something is not right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us some system and hardware info?

Did you already reboot the system and reset the preferences? This will erase your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue here. This is a new PC build on Win11 and Illustrator 27 works fine, 28 does this! The user is working with Adobe support and they currently have NO IDEA why this is happening.

We have it installed on 3 other PCs and it works fine. The only difference is the problem PC has newer hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC is a new hardware to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v28.1 Beta has fixed MOST of the errors. It still shows one plugin issue, but the program seems to run fine. It's a bug and they are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a year later and it still does it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't update since v28.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nunob31682857  schrieb:

I can't update since v28.2

Did you already uninstall and then run the Cleaner tool?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which operating system is it? Do you get any error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines