• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26.0.1 has started crashing on program start-up

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 26.0.1 won't open, sometimes nothing happens and other times it crashes on the Initializing page

I have tried uninstalling illustrator but it still happens

I have tried going back to the previous version (which used to work fine) and it also happens

Other adobe products are opening as normal

Please help

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting preferences? Sometimes a corrupted preferences file can cause this to happen. Here's a help article that includes resetting instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

If you can't even open Illustrator you probably need to go to the folder on your system where Illustrator preferences are stored. You can move the file (see directory path for mac and pc in the article linked) into the trash to test before deleting it. After moving the file, try restarting Illustrator and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Laura!

I've just had tried to manually remove the prefernces file however I have no Adobe Illustrator folder whatsoever in my AppData, any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not on a PC, but if you looked in App Data> Roaming and there's no Adobe folder, then there might be something wrong with the installation - take that with a grain of salt, I don't know PCs. You may need to call tech support and get some targeted help. Wish I had a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding another help article that may be useful too: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Will not load period. Illustrator 26.0 on Mac OS Monterey.

The linked article on deleting preferences files did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html there is more to do in this article beyond deleting preferences - this may help. I had to use the creative cloud cleaner after updating to Monterey and it worked for me. Also, updating to 26.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines