Illustrator 26.3.1 Windows 10 Freeze on Home Screen

New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything I could to fix it. The previous two versions weren't responding either. Some days, it won't go beyond the welcome screen, other days, it stops responding when I press Ctrl+C > Ctrl+Shift+V and/or Shift+Tab. It also stops responding to other unspecific instances. It had been working fine a couple months ago. It suddenly starting having issues.

It's very frustrating. Please help.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022
Hello @Gunveen Kaur, Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and sharing your observations. Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article. Looking forward...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Gunveen Kaur,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines