• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 27.0 bug- PNGs turn negative or purple with yellow background

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Hoping someone can please help.

I just upgraded to Illustrator 27.0 (2023) and just discovered a strange bug (I think). PNGs placed in an Illustrator document look fine. But when the .ai file is saved and reopened, the .png images turn purple and white, and have a yellow background. Transparency masking also becomes transluscent. In the example below, left image shows how it looked when placed, right image shows it after saving/reopening the .ai file.

Illustrator png issue.jpg

I found similar issues on the community forum from the previous version of Illustrator, but that bug was apparently recently fixed (I never experienced it then). The difference is that old bug would only occur with linked pngs, but with my issue, it only seems to happen with embedded pngs. It also seems somewhat random- I can't pinpoint why it happens sometimes and not others.. Appreciate any advice.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Hi @RobG101,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue has resurfaced, and the product team is aware of the issue and currently working on a fix. Hopefully, the fix will be released with the next update. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice and adding your comment there? By doing this, you will get updates and helps prioritize it.

In the meantime, you may revert to an older version of Illustrator.

Apologies again! We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see PNG issues pop up a lot on the forums. But, may I ask: Why not use PSD files instead? PNG is great for onscreen but is not great for print publishing. What color mode is your Illustrator document, by the way?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike. Yes, I agree with your comments about using PSD files, but this particular project was just for web viewing at pretty low res. I've never really had many issues before with PNGs, although I'm now discovering more problems others have had with the format. I'm using RGB mode in this Illustrator file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RobG101,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue has resurfaced, and the product team is aware of the issue and currently working on a fix. Hopefully, the fix will be released with the next update. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice and adding your comment there? By doing this, you will get updates and helps prioritize it.

In the meantime, you may revert to an older version of Illustrator.

Apologies again! We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anshul. I'm glad Adobe are aware now that this issue still exists. I've also commented on that UserVoice and marked it as critical, but can't upvote as it's marked as 'resolved'. Hope it gets fixed soon. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for commenting, marking it as critical, and pointing out "unable to upvote as its marked as resolved"  @RobG101. The team has removed the "resolved" status to review. You should be able to upvote it now.

We appreciate your time & effort.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now upvoted that UserVoice article too. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here. need help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the 27.0.1 Prerelease version (see the CC app Perelease section)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the Beta? I still had the same issue on that a couple weeks ago, though I'm not sure if that was the same build as the current version..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines