• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 28.0 on Mac super slow and laggy

New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community, so even though I have tried reseting preferances, only having default library fonts, the illustrator is slow and laggy still. Copy and pasting simple objects are not fluid, and get "stuck" with the cursos click, meaning the shape does not release until with another mouse click!!!

With that, this is probably the worst experince with illustrator I have ever had in the past 10 years... I have tried other versions, but still its unbearable... Not even sure what Adobe is doing to rectify this, but help is mostly appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Are you on Mac Sonoma?

Do you have the apps Magnet, Rectangle or Proofpoint installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Mac Sonoma?

Do you have the apps Magnet, Rectangle or Proofpoint installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Sonoma yes

From that list, I have Magnet only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been lots of incompatibility problems with Sonoma. Make sure that your Illustrator is updated to the absolute latest version (28.4.1) for the best chance of it working well. I have seen some reports that the latest Sonoma (14.4.1) has caused some new issues with Illustrator so if you are on an earlier version and updating Illustrator works to fix your issues then I would leave Sonoma where it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I was having the same problem in the same environment, but after seeing this thread I deleted Magnet and rebooted and the problem was solved. I haven't done any major work in Illustrator since the reboot yet, so other factors like cache and fonts might slow it down, but it's very comfortable now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Sonoma 14.5 et Illustator 28.5 and the laggy windows and cursor still happening. I removed Magnet without success. I don't understand. Any tips ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PLease get it touch with Customer Care. They can login to your system. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines