• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator always on top

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a long absense from work when using Illustrator 2020 in Windows it will always stay on top of any other window or application I open and it didn't do it before, can someone throw some light on the situation?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this onto a single or extended screen just out of interest..? Have you reset you preferences..?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-reset-illustrator-preferences/td-p/10602277?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well. I wake my computer from sleep and Illustrator is on top of other apps by force. I can't get my other apps to overlap Illustrator. I have to minimize it in order to interact with anything else. Very frustrating bug. Hope to see a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this using a Mac or PC, just so anyone answering will have a better idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @andranik136,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind sharing the exact version of the OS and Illustrator installed on your computer and a screen recording of the problem so we can investigate this further?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening for me at all times. I have attached a video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Adrian5D1E,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under a different administrator account (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines