• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator and Attributes

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have designed new email signatures and have added our social media logos onto the design with their hyperlinks to go straight to the page. How do I now export the raw file to use for my emails with hyperlinks being usbale? 

If i choose export > save for web> choose my settings> save > the drop down menu only has "image only". No option for HTML and images? 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can you just tell us what version of Illustrator you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Illustrator CC 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. Just to check—you did use the image map features to add the URLs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can click on the "Preview" button and then copy the source code, but you actually don't want to do that.

WHat you want to do is to use a proper HTML editor. Or if you can't code: a properly set up e-mail template. Otherwise you will run into serious issues with your mails. Also: if this were me: I'd provide all that information as text. People might have turned off images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika's suggestion is wise. That's where I was heading after checking if you were using the image map stuff. The road to this is not straightforward and you have to use absolute URL's everywhere (including making the substitution from the copied code after using the preview button). It will in all likelihood work on your own computer, but trust us this isn't the case always when you use it in practice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes i ahve used the image map feature. When I am in the saving block the preview views it and all links work. I hit save and then there are no links. Ill try what Monika is suggesting and see if I come right.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines