Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Beta Now Live on Windows for ARM Devices

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator+Copilot.gif

We are delighted to announce that Illustrator Beta is now live on Windows for ARM devices (with Qualcomm SD X-Elite processors) for the English locale. This update allows users to run Illustrator on devices with Snapdragon X Series ARM architecture-based processors through emulation mode. 

note-icon.png  Note: Only Illustrator 28.7 beta and later versions are available on Windows ARM architecture-based processors.

Key Highlights:

• Fully functional Illustrator on the Windows ARM platform
  • Illustrator native x86 app runs in Emulation Mode
  • Supports GPU acceleration
  • Supports CPU fallback mode
  • GPU performance benchmarks on par with native mode in certain cases

Minimum System Requirements:

• Processor: Snapdragon X Elite X1E-78-100 (up to 3.4 GHz, 12 cores)
  • Graphics: Snapdragon X Elite Qualcomm Adreno.

Download Illustrator (beta) now and share your feedback with us. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

icon-beta-beaker.png Illustrator (beta) is now available for testing.

Explore new features and share your thoughts.

beta-banner-max-visual2.png.img.png

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the fully functional AI be available? 

Also the Plug-Ins are not working with Beta - when will those be working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your eagerness for the fully functional AI version and plug-ins compatibility with the beta. Unfortunately, there's no official announcement on the release timeline yet. As soon as we have more information, we'll be sure to share it with the community.

Thank you for your patience!

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

When will non-english locale illustrator in ARM windows be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @현수_1092,

Thanks for reaching out. Our product team is actively exploring the availability of Illustrator on Microsoft Copilot+ PCs for non-English users, and it will be available in a future release. Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's important to know the approximate date of arrival of Illustrator for Windows arm. Should we count in days or weeks? I bought an XPS 13 a month ago and still can't work with it. It's a little frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @MatPerdrix,

Thanks for reaching out. Our team is aware of this request for Illustrator for Windows on ARM devices for non-English locales,, and we have already escalated it. We will update this thread as we have more information.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see Illustrator or InDesign available as beta apps. Please stop doing silly regional or other restrictions - my system (Surface Pro 11 with Snapdragon Elite) is in Danish, but I'm perfectly capable of using AI in English. That's for me to decide, not you!

arknu_0-1724156977869.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2024 Aug 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem. did you find solution for that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant see the Adobe ilustrator in the beta apps tab 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali Care to comment on why most users can't see the beta you claim to have released? Otherwise, the only conclusion is that you lied about launching Illustrator and InDesign for ARM in July. Which you kind of did anyway, because you did not state it would be launched as a beta. You've had years to test and develop for Windows on ARM, you should just have been able to launch the product - as was promised. Affinity managed to launch their entire suite on day one after all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the hell does that mean? I bought a subscription for a year (paid monthly), I was supposed to have ILLUSTRATOR beta available, and I only have photoshop BETA available. I have to work through the web - illustrator. This is maximum audacity! Are you a huge company and lying about your released product?! How can you afford it, you have the most expensive subscriptions for one application on the planet and you're lying?! When will you finally dare to release a version for ARM CPU? We are in the 21st century, ARM CPUs are replacing intel and amd in laptops and you don't even have a stupid beta released for users? Your web application is absolutely unusable, it keeps crashing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also recently got a ARM machine. There is NO WAY we can do professional work with the web version. Its not a solution. This is a serious matter. We are doing serious work for clients here. Please confirm when are you givining us the ARM version, FULL VERSION?? This is not acceptable. I am sure you all know this is unfair and WRONG. The R&D team at your end should have been well aware in advance the ARM Processors are in the making and the architecture they would support. Looks like you didnt do your homework and we are getting punished. Not acceptable. DO SOMETHING. NOW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali Also, a further lie. You claimed that these versions would be ARM-native, as Photoshop currently is. But now you write that they run through emulation. Why would a new version be needed for that? The existing release version would be able to run emulated, if you didn't actually block it. The beta should be ARM native, as you promised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the beta desktop version isn't showing up in my creative cloud desktop manager.  how do I get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. The Illustrator Beta version isn't showing up on the Creative Cloud desktop app (ARM). It works fine on regular intel-based devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali Hello, no comment? All apps work for me on snapdragon (MS copilot PC), either emulated or native. Why not yours? And while we're on the subject. I pay monthly for illustrator, which supposedly works on copilot pc, and I have nothing, the only thing I can do is start a website - illustrator, which almost doesn't work at all and keeps crashing, I refuse to pay such high subscription fees for this garbage, I ask for it to be canceled for myself and others pre-knitted, web-illustrator is a partial salvation, but not full-fledged, give us back the money and give us free subscriptions to your stupid web-illustrator, until you solve your OWN problem and lies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the InDesign beta but I can't see the Illustrator beta in my Creative Cloud. My language is set to English in both the OS and Creative Cloud Desktop. The fact I can see InDesign tells me I should see Illustrator too, since that is also limited to English... why can't we download Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no illustrator beta to download either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Srishti Bali, Could you please chime in and share your thoughts on the problem many have reported here? For whatever reason, we are not able to install Illustrator Beta on a Windows (ARM) device, and nothing can be tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out. I have access to our enterprise console and tried to create the beta package, but Illustrator beta is only available in x64 and NOT x86, which it specifically says is the version that's compatible with ARM (Snapdragon). So, we need the x86 beta available. I hope someone at Adobe can help with this. @Srishti Bali 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost my hope now and switched to Corel Draw. A huge brand 'Adobe' couldn't make an application for arm64 devices. I can't use Illustrator and Indesign on my Snapdragon X device. There is no official announcement yet. What a shame!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2024 Sep 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just writing to add that my experience matches what everybody else is stating. I even uninstalled all Adobe Apps including Creative Cloud to give it a clean install, but no Illustrator (Beta) available to download. Also, if I App is opened in browser and the "Get Desktop App" button is used from there, it attempts to install but ends up stating:" Illustrator is not yet available for your device".

With the web app being extremely unstable, my projects are currently on hold and I'd appreciate any update/help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines