Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator - Black in PDF file

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I have the problem that the background is displayed correctly in black in Illustrator, but in the PDF the area turns into a dark gray, what mistake am I making here? attached 2 pictures (once in Illustrator, once from the PDF)
thank you and lg

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you set up the black?

How did you export the PDF?

How is "Appearance of black" set up in the preferences?

If this is 100K: 100K is not pitch black and Acrobat colormanagement simulates that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use shift select with the eyedropper tool to pick up the black from the image, but this will only work effectively if your image is in the same color space as your Illy doc.

Your reds appear to be different too, so I'm guessing the image is rgb and your doc is cmyk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I converted the image to CMYK and applied the color using the magic wand (see images) in the PDF I have the same problem that it is displayed in dark gray (images all my PDF export settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Illustrator go to Preferences > Appearance of Black and set the appearance On Screen to Display All Blacks Accurately.

You will see the same as you see in Acrobat; a 100% black is lighter than an RGB black and an RGB black converted to CMYK which will be a rich black  (containing also CM and Y).

To get the same black in Illustrator, embed the image and shift click with the eyedropper to pickup the black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines