• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC crashes on opening

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CC crashes on startup, can get it to start if IdealFileFormat.aipi is removed. This is a Mac running the latest operating system version. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator CC with no luck. Also crashed in my Guest Account. Tried all the normal stuff. A chat provided no information of use. Also, told during start up that FXGFile.aip did not load. Since no one else appears to have this issue, there must be a call in IdealFileFormat.aip that my machine does not like, any ideas?

Thanks

Ted

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what Mac? What version of OSX? Sounds like a processor-related issue on older Macs...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an early 2008 iMac running OS 10.8.4.

If it is an issue with the processor or graphic chip, will the missing plugins create an operational problem? Should I just us CS6?

Thanks,

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I cannot access the link, get a access denied page. suggestions??

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, it worked but not the idea. The latest version of Java does not offer to install the run time function and Illustrator CS6 run great on my computer. Illustrator CC run fine (no issues seen yet) by removing IdealFileFormat.aip.

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

I have the same problem since the update java on mac OSX 10.8.4

Illustrator crashes every time I do not know what to do!

Thanks for your help !

Cyril

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Illustrator CC won´t open anymore since I turned on my Mac today; it was working fine (I installed the latest OSX 10.8.4 update yesterday too: both Camera Raw and Java updates; I also updated the Creative Cloud app prior to opening Illustrator CC). Illustrator CS6 and CS5 both running as they should.

Already uninstalled Ai CC and reinstalled it again with no effect. The welcome screen does come in, and when it closes I get the error message: Adobe Illustrator CC quit unexpectedly.

My Mac: 2x 2.4 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon

16 GB or RAM

The other CC apps are running fine.

Thanks.

Alejandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To those who are having the same problem, thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one. You may try what I did, remove (place in trash) IdealFileFormat.aip from the Illustrator CC folder.It is in the Plug-ins> lllustrator Formats folder. After I did that Illustrator CC would start up. I have been using it and everything I use seems to be working. I am not a power user and do mostly simple iiiustrations. From earlier posts you will realize that I am no expert nor know what the file I removed does. Do so at your own risk. BTW, you can move the file from trash to someother location, but I was not able to remove the file from the folder unless it went into the Trash first.

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ted
I tried your technique but it does not work for me.
I feel that it comes from the Java update that causes the problem because it worked fine before it.

I am desperate to see no response from Adobe!

Cyril

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no ideas?, I still can not use Illustrator CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for you to join the connect session:

https://my.adobeconnect.com/rbhunwal

~Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ~Raghuveer

unable to connect. I tried with all my browsers.

Cyril

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry it's good I managed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I apologies. Was offline for a few hours. Can we have a connect session now ?

~Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i'm connected !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too strong, ~Raghuveer, thanks Man.

problem solved for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Removed the plug-in and Ai launched with no further issues. So now the question is: what´s that wacexportfile.aip plug-in for? Will we ever need it?

Thanks Raghuveer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have installed the Inkling after installing Illustrator. The plugin allows you to directly import Inkling files into Illustrator, but it's not compatible with CC. Only the Installer doesn't know that. ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved for r4dn, using connect session. The culprit "wacexportfile.aip" plug-in. Removed from the AI CC plug-ins folder and it start working.

~Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad you both got this figured out, however it would have been really nice if you could share how to actually achieved it. I have looked for the "wacexportfile.aip" in every folder attached to Ai CC and still have not found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josiah,

Not an expert but believe that that file is for a Wacom tablet. If you don't have one like myself the file is not present.

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No nothing to do with the wacom tablet, but with the Inkling product  .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Thank you!

I've been pulling out my hair. That Inkling has been way more trouble than it's worth!

Thank you!

Worked for me when I removed 'wacexportfile.aip' from my system.

Wing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines