• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC crashes on opening

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CC crashes on startup, can get it to start if IdealFileFormat.aipi is removed. This is a Mac running the latest operating system version. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator CC with no luck. Also crashed in my Guest Account. Tried all the normal stuff. A chat provided no information of use. Also, told during start up that FXGFile.aip did not load. Since no one else appears to have this issue, there must be a call in IdealFileFormat.aip that my machine does not like, any ideas?

Thanks

Ted

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might return.

The Wacom Sketch Manager tends to install it again and again. You need to stop the Sketch Manager from Autostarting. That can be done efficiently by renaming it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as I love Wacom products, the sketch manager was a major PITA and caused issues with the normal Wacom drivers for me, so I've purged it from my computer. But thanks for the heads up, as yes... it kept bringing itself back again and again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved the problem for me! Thak you!

Cause of the problem: Wacom "inkling" plugin. I simply deleted the file (wacexportfile.aip)

/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2014/Plug-ins.localized/wacexportfile.aip

My version is:

Adobe Illustrator CC 2014

Mac OS X  (10.7.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raghuveer I'm also having issues suddenly.

Since yesterday Illio CC 2014 has been crashing after the opening screen. I've tried uninstalling my old Illio CC and Illio CC 2014 and re-installing from the cloud.

I've also deleted some plug ins as suggested from other forums etc.

Still crashing.

Error log (in part)

Process:         Adobe Illustrator [4029]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2014/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Illustrator

Identifier:      com.adobe.illustrator

Version:         18.1.0 (18.1.0)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [469]

Responsible:     Adobe Illustrator [4029]

User ID:         507

Date/Time:       2014-10-21 13:39:40.715 -0400

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Report Version:  11

Anonymous UUID:  8BBF4719-6F74-5627-AEEA-59B6BB82F6AC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was my Suitcase Fusion 5. I updated it and the issue was resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Java worked for me. I use my wacom tablet so I was hesitant to follow the suggestions of deleting stuff relating to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just took the plunge and installed CC this weekend, I'm having the same issue with Illustrator ... but I'm on a PC, Windows 7, 64bit.  ?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preview,

Similar issue has been discussed and resolved at forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1370885?start=40&tstart=0

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the wacexportfile.aip plugin. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think it must be there? Do you have an Inkling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No inkling

Sent from my iPhone

Den 17. juni 2014 kl. 12:23 skrev "Monika Gause" <forums_noreply@adobe.com<mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com>>:

Illustrator CC crashes on opening

created by Monika Gause<https://forums.adobe.com/people/Monika+Gause> in Illustrator - View the full discussion<https://forums.adobe.com/message/6464717#6464717>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why do you think it should be there? Does Illustrator open an error message?

If it does, see the plugins folder, that's were plugins are installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what 'it' is that you're referring to.

Med vennlig hilsen

Morten Iveland

Partner & designer

+47 971 23 976

www.bynorth.no<http://www.bynorth.no/>

by north(tm)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it = the plugin (wacexportfile)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive had this problem for days now and nothing was working. Couldn't find the files mentioned above but searched mac for wacom and found 6d Art Pen Brushes.ai, deleted it and every things is working! thanks so much for everyone that posted, big relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem for days as well. I usually use CS6 but I downloaded CC on my new Mac last week and I can't get it to even open. It keeps coming up with a warning message saying
'Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 quit unexpectedly. This report will be sent to Apple automatically.' and theres nothing I can do about it. I click the okay button and the application just shuts down. I don't have a Wacom and I tried deleting the file that you deleted as well and still had no luck. Any Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rhiannabear,

Can you share the crash logs (details in the message sent to Apple) to me at rbhunwal@adobe.com ?

Also please mention the link of this thread in the mail.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the crash logs Rhiannabear.

Can you please tell me how you installed AI CC 2014 on your machine:     through Adobe Creative Cloud or some other way ?

If it is not installed through Creative Cloud then please un-install it first. Then delete the "Adobe Illustrator CC 2014" folder from your "Applications" folder.

Once you complete the above steps then quit & launch Adobe Creative Cloud application & then install the Adobe Illustrator CC 2014.

Let me know if it works for you.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raghuveer,

No, I did actually install Illustrator CC 2014 through the Creative Cloud.

Thanks, Rhianna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rhianna,

Can you please un-install AI CC 2014 and then delete the "Adobe Illustrator CC 2014" folder from your "Applications" folder.

Once you complete the above steps then quit & launch Adobe Creative Cloud application & then install the Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 again.

Let me know if it works for you.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raghuveer

I have actually just uninstalled illustrator CC 2014 and it will not let me re install it again but one if my other CS6 which had broken before is now seeming to work. I'm really confused as to what is going on.

Thanks.

Rhianna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same problem.

Reinstalling it did not work for me.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please join the connect session: https://my.adobeconnect.com/rbhunwal

I want to have a look into this.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raghuveer.

As my old copy of Illustrator CS6 is not working and I just need something to work on as I'm a student. I'll continue working with that. Thank you though.

Many thanks.

Rhianna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hubbak.jpg

Hello dude,

i also had the same problem but i figured out how to fix this issue..... Proof is up there.  for me it worked, hopefully, for u ppl its a worthy solution.

this help is for u and othr ppl here on this Portal.

Steps:

1. Go to location C:\ProgramData\Adobe

2. Rename the folder Named "SLStore" to "SLStore.old"

3. Enjoy... Ur Gud to Go ...

Dont 4get to say thx

Hubbak Khan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines