• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC keeps crashing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2013 Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New subscriber. All of a sudden today Illustrator crashes while I'l working in it. Using drawing tools, selecting, moving just all of a sudden "unexpectedlly quits"

Please advise I got a brand new iMac and subsribed the other day hopeing to finally avoid crashes. My files are large color intensive but still shouldn't be a problem what I'm doing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

This is crazy frustrating.  Illustrator has been crashing daily.

"ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR HAS STOPPED WORKING"

In the middle of a project.  I thought subscribing to Adobe Creative Cloud would be more stable than the previously purchased upgrades, but this is insane.  When you send a crash report, it flatlines your internet connection until it's done.

What is going on Adobe...

Please contact support. They will need to set up someone to log into your system.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, May 5, 2022, I had the same issue. I woke up and launched Adobe Illustrator for work (I am a graphic designer and use Adobe AI daily). It all of a sudden started crashing and freezing any time I tried to create a new file or open a saved file. I sat with Adobe Support for hours and they were added permissions and such with all the meta data. Well, nothing was working until the "GPU Performance" check box was unselected in the settings. I have had that checked for as long as I can remember with no issue. So I am not sure what the change was that happened from last night to today. It was crashing nonstop on the previous version of AI and the most up-to-date. So I am not sure what really is happening but wanted to respond to this and say the issue is back for me and after unchecking the GPU box in settings it is opening files again and created new ones. Not sure why this has become an issue today but that was the resolve... so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bry17d,

We are sorry for the trouble. Several users have reported this issue in the last couple of weeks. I am glad to hear that turning off GPU performance helped resolve the issue, but it is not an ideal solution or a workaround.
We have already logged a bug with the product team, and they are currently investigating the issue. Would you mind sharing a few details like:

• Case ID
  • The exact version of macOS & Illustrator
  • Are you using an M1-based Mac?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anshui,

So I have the 2021 16” MacBook Pro M1 Max: 64GB Memory, 32Core GPU, 10Core CPU, 2TB storage. I have macOS Monterey 12.3.1 installed and it started happening Thursday Morning, May 5th. I was running Adobe Illustrator V 26.1 and it had been working just fine with no notice up until Thursday morning. I do not have auto update on my computer or my CC account, I have to manually update and I did not. But when I turned my MacBook on Thursday I could not get it to open files at all. I updated to Adobe Illustrator V 26.2.1 hoping that would solve the issue it did not.

I called Tech support and they ended up going into a lot of the computers meta data and changing permissions and my firewall. Nothing worked. Then they had me try the GPU button in the settings and it worked.

I was not comfortable with all the permission changes so I used the CC Clean Up Log, removed everything from the computer, reinstall all of Adobe Creative Cloud and tried Adobe Illustrator at it was natively installed and it still had the issue, I turned off the GPU and BAM! It worked.

I hope this makes sense and please let me know if you have more questions for me. I would prefer to use the GPU since it just makes things a little nicer in the program.

-Bryan

BRYAN EDDY

GRAPHIC DESIGNER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @bry17d,

Thanks for sharing the detailed information. I would request you to update Ai to v26.3.1 & macOS to v12.4, released recently. Also, turn on GPU settings and share your observation with me.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines