• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC says all pages selected are blank.

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Illustrator files to send vector cutting paths to my Epilog laser machine. This problem is happening even if I try to send the file to a regular printer as well. I go to file-print and click print and I get an error dialogue box that says "The pages selected to print are all blank." This is a new issue. We had somebody create a custom app for us that takes PSDs that are black and white and create path oultines that get exported via export paths to illustrator. Then we open those paths and file-print and they always work. They still work on an old version of illustrator runing on windows xp ( I think, mabe vista). I just recently bought a new PC to update our system and am running the newest version of illustrator CC. The file works on the old windows/illustrator but not the new. Same exact file. Does anybody know how to solve this?

Ive already tried resetting my illustrator preferences, made sure my layers have the "print" box checked, ive uninstalled and reinstalled illustrator. I get them same error on another PC I have running Illustraotr CC as well. The newer PCs are Windows 10. 

Also, if I do the path creation manully in Photoshop, export paths to illustrator, and open the file up in Illustrator, it works just fine. Its something to do with the way our app is saving the illustrator files and the interaction with the newer Illustrator CC. Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Stroke color is "registration". Change it to black.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

It must be somehing in the document, I copied your paths to a new document and it worked fine even with Registration color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share a sample file created by your PS app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to upload here but I get this with my .ai file. You know how to upload an illustrator file here?

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The attachment's 042622 a priority.ai content type (application/postscript) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ai format is not supported, rename to pdf or jpg I guess and we'll rename it back to ai after downloading

or upload to google drive, dropbox, etc and post the link here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Here is the file. Just change the extesnion to ".ai"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stroke color is "registration". Change it to black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. It did allow me to send it to a standard printer that way. I tested in on our Epilog laser engraver and it worked as well. We have always been able to send it to the laser with registration as the stroke and thats even how the laser manual says to do it. Using the older PC with old illustrator works when sending it with registration as stroke.

But this seems to be working so far! I'll update if anything changes. I wonder if there is a setting somewhere to allow you to send a file to print even if it is techincally "blank" and just vector paths.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be somehing in the document, I copied your paths to a new document and it worked fine even with Registration color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats good to know. Its stragne that it works on an older version of illustrator and not the new. I dont have the ability to change the app unfortunately so it just adds extra steps afterward. Id like to find out what the difference is between the two version.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines