• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC - Trackpad alt+scrolling doesn't work.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I happen to be one of those people that designs on a macbook pro without a mouse. This morning I installed Illustrator CC and discovered that scrolling with two fingers up and down while holding the alt key no longer zooms in and out. There is a new feature where you can pinch to zoom, but that's not going to cut it for me. So my question is: Can I re-enable alt+scrolling = zoom for the trackpad? Is this a bug or did they intentially drop this functionality. I checked Photoshop CC and alt+scrolling works fine for zooming.

I contacted Adobe support to try and find the answers to my questions... no help. I was finally told that my trackpad was the problem but I reassured the person that I'm currently running both CC and CS6 and my trackpad is not the problem.

Anyone else having the same problem? Know of any fix?

Thanks,

Brandon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Hi everyone!

Apologies for the long wait. The zoom issue has been fixed in the 17.01 release. Please install the update either through your Adobe Desktop App or in-app by going to Help > Update.

More on the release: http://bit.ly/cc1701rn

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Illustrator CC and can't believe such an important shortcut has been left out?!

Had to go straight back to CS6 because of this... literally unuseable for me, what a waste of time!

Sort it out ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was reported on June 18.  This needs to be fixed.  This makes switching between CC apps incredibly inconsistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same Here!!

We need Immediately top Priority Fix!!!

alt+scroll speed the work flow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Mac Pro & Macbook Pro

Magic Mouse in both cases

10.8.4 in both cases

Pissed me off so much I've started bitching at them on their facebook page. Maybe something a little more public will get some action.

Seriously, over 2 months now and no fix. Absolute joke.

If only the makes of Pixelmator would release a full suite to finally give Adobe some competition. It's like Microsoft in the late 90s early 2000s. Crippled by complatency due to an uncontested monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines