Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Color Space - Color Profile not showing

Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people!

After a reinstall i am setting up Illustrator again. I do use a specific color profile for printing by newspaper requirement named WAN-IFRAnewspaper26v5.icc. I did installed in Mac Library ColorSync. It does appear right in Photoshop and InDesign Color Space. 

However when i try to setup the new color space in Illustrator it does not appears as an option in the list. How come? Why it does work for the two other main major Adobe apps and not in Illustrator?

Here is the pic. It appears as "other" but never let me select WAN-IFRAnewspaper26v5.icc. as an option even tough i have installed properly.

Any help or ideas?
Thanks!

1.png

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Hello @SebastiaoV,

Thanks for reaching out. Kindly try the following steps to install the WAN-IFRAnewspaper26v5.icc color profile and check if it helps:

1. Remove the ICC profile from the ColorSync folder.
  2. Open Photoshop and go to the Color Settings.
    image (4).png
  3.  From the Color Settings panel, go to the CMYK dropdown under Working Spaces, choose the option for Load CMYK, and select the WAN-IFRAnewspaper26v5.icc color profile.
    image (5).pngimage (6).png
  4. Finally, relaunch Illustrator and check if you can see the profile under the CMY

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @SebastiaoV,

Thanks for reaching out. Kindly try the following steps to install the WAN-IFRAnewspaper26v5.icc color profile and check if it helps:

1. Remove the ICC profile from the ColorSync folder.
  2. Open Photoshop and go to the Color Settings.
    image (4).png
  3.  From the Color Settings panel, go to the CMYK dropdown under Working Spaces, choose the option for Load CMYK, and select the WAN-IFRAnewspaper26v5.icc color profile.
    image (5).pngimage (6).png
  4. Finally, relaunch Illustrator and check if you can see the profile under the CMYK dropdown in the Working Spaces for Illustrator's color settings.

Please update this thread if the issue persists or if you need further assistance.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav,
Thanks for your help and for a very detailed and step by step answer. 
I did just that. I was able to install that particular profile in Photoshop without any trouble as you can see in the attached image. 

I restart just in case and tried to do the following with Illustrator but still it does not show as an option to choose. That is kind of a bizzare thing. Indeed the new color space from Photoshop is listed but the Color Profile appears as "other". Maybe is a bug and the profile is loaded, just says "other" i might try to "Convert to profile" a file to test it. I have attached a picture too.

I don´t know if there is any other place that Illustrator can take the profile. 

Thanks!

Captura de Pantalla 2022-07-19 a la(s) 12.41.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you Save your Color Settings in Photoshop and Load them in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom, 
thanks for the info. 
I just did that. It does show the Color Space from Photoshop in Illustrator as you can see in the attached picture. The only thing that is a bit weird is that when it says CMYK profile is says "other". Maybe is a bug and the Profile is still active. I tried to convert and it does not show any change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it has other selected in Illustrator, you should be good as color sync is passing that. I agree would be nice to see the name of the profile as this is important.

If it makes you feel better in Photoshop do a save settings from the edit >> settings and give it a distinctive custom name (eg: "Your company 2022"). Ten in Bridge do an edit >> color settings and choose that custom name for all your apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good tip Mike! 
Thanks for the extra info. I will do that. 
Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines