Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes: ILL-USE-TRAITOR

New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

Is there someone else out there expiriencing sudden Illustrator quits...even when doing... nothing at all? Just looking at your screen to think of the next move... and 'plop'... she's gone. Of course something is saved...unfortunately never the version you want it to be. It gets very frustrating to work this way... time is of the essence, works needs to be done, customers are waiting...

What could be helpfull?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

If you are running the latest Wacom driver for Windows (version 6.4.1-3) that would be the culprit causing Illustrator to crash. I have personally experienced the crashes myself. The Illustrator window just suddenly disappears (often not long after launching the application). You'll need to uninstall that driver and then download/install Driver 6.4.0-11 for Windows (released 11/21/2022).
https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers

Be sure to click the "Older Versions" link under t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Hello ! Back for a good news for Windows Users : Today Wacom release the 6.4.2-1 Driver and referring to the release notes, it's fix the crash when using Adobe Illustrator, Corel Painter, or Autodesk Maya.

I just made the update and it seems to work perfectly now ! I don't have any Illustrator crashing as before with the previous driver (version 6.4.1-3). Great news !

image_2023-05-09_230912342.png
The release note here : Wacom driver Windows 6.4.2-1 Release Notes 
The Download link here (check for your's product and sytem compa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system, Illustrator version and hardware.

Do you have any third party plugins installed?

A wacom?

Does this happen when a file is open? Or also without an open file?

Where do you save your files?

What's in your files? 

Text? Are all your fonts OK? Are you sure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator

* Version 27.5
* Happens with file open
* In my files are vector drawings, applied pattern swatches & brushes, gardients, text, nothing complicated
* Fonts are all standard Illustrator fonts
* File sare saved on the harddisk
* No third party plugins

System

* RAM 32,0 GB (31,8 GB free)
* 64-bits, x64 processor
* Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz

Wacom?

* Yes, Intuos Pro large

Met vriendelijke groet,
Warm regards,

Katja Donders
The Future Now BV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a printer set up and turned on? If you do not have one, please try and set up a PDF printer. If you have already done that in the past, please do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running the latest Wacom driver for Windows (version 6.4.1-3) that would be the culprit causing Illustrator to crash. I have personally experienced the crashes myself. The Illustrator window just suddenly disappears (often not long after launching the application). You'll need to uninstall that driver and then download/install Driver 6.4.0-11 for Windows (released 11/21/2022).
https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers

Be sure to click the "Older Versions" link under the "Download" tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bobby Henderson, you deserve a medal !!! Thanks a lot, i encounter this Illustrator's Crash problem since weeks and never ever have find the origin ! I reset Illustrator preferences, delete preferences folder, reinstalled the whole CC apps, even change my PC for a more recent GPU, and this don't have solve the problem. I just remove and reinstall the old Wacom driver as you've explain and all is prefectly running now. Again, a huge thanx !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help. I know how you feel about the aggravation. My installation of Illustrator simply doesn't work with either of the Wacom driver updates released in January. I wouldn't get much farther than opening a layout and making a few changes before the application window would hang and disappear. Wacom released a newer driver for the OSX platform. I'm wondering how that one is faring compared to the Windows drivers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! Back for a good news for Windows Users : Today Wacom release the 6.4.2-1 Driver and referring to the release notes, it's fix the crash when using Adobe Illustrator, Corel Painter, or Autodesk Maya.

I just made the update and it seems to work perfectly now ! I don't have any Illustrator crashing as before with the previous driver (version 6.4.1-3). Great news !

image_2023-05-09_230912342.png
The release note here : Wacom driver Windows 6.4.2-1 Release Notes 
The Download link here (check for your's product and sytem compatibility) :
Pilote 6.4.2-1 (Windows 7, 8, 10 et 11.) (64-bit) - 108 Mo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice!

Now only if we can get Microsoft to fix some of the aggravations in Windows Ink Workspace!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting... as much as I love Wacom. XP-Pen gave me the Artist 24 Pro. So it has been a while since I used a Wacom device... even though I am still friends with them. 

Good to know that their drivers are acting a little wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, another episode to the Wacom driver saga !
Despite the fact that the Update 6.4.2-3 solved the crashing issue with illustrator, it's seem's to be another bug with Photoshop now... I've experiencing screen freezing whith the hand tool while scrolling my artwork. I've desintalling and retro-Update to the old 6.4.0-11 Wacom Drivers and all is back to normal now. Can't be sure at 100% that the new driver is the only cause but the old one fix the problem so...Is there anyone else had the issue too ? Now just waiting for another Wacom update that should fix both of Illustrator and photoshop !
To be continued...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's disappointing! It's a good thing Wacom has an "older versions" page of drivers on their web site. Not everyone provides access to old drivers. Hopefully it doesn't take them long to release version "6.4.2-4" or whatever it's going to be called pretty soon. It was a long wait from January to May for them to fix the problem that was crashing Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're totally right : Wacom do a pretty good job on their Hardware, and thankfully keep access on his previous drivers (my purpose wasn't to bashing Wacom products, that i use long since times ago, just sharing experience and helping people having with same issue).
I keep the driver's old version installer on a folder on my disk just in case, so i be able o try new version as soon it's release, and be able to easily step back in just few step if it's something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I'm not afraid to bash is Windows Ink. Holy cow, I hate it. I really wish Wacom could create a Windows driver that totally bypassed Microsoft's WinTab stuff and its Windows Ink Workspace nonsense. I've tried to disable many of the Windows Ink "features" (more like hurdles or road blocks) in the OS settings yet too many aggravations still remain for me to keep Windows Ink enabled in the Wacom Tablet Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wonderfull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines