• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes on Saving

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last 2 hours Illustrator keeps crashing on saving locally.

Things I have tried:

* restating computer

*saving blank page

* un installing and re installing illustrator

* installing earlier version of illustrator

All to no avail...... any ideas people.... dont know what else I can do?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Which version?

Which system?

Where do you save your files?

Is a printer installed, set up as default printer and turned on? If not: install a PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version?

Which system?

Where do you save your files?

Is a printer installed, set up as default printer and turned on? If not: install a PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika

The printer thing worked. Bit weird as always had printer installed and never had a problem before. Just suddenly, half way through yesterday the problem started. Having read some of your replys to others with similar issues I tried setting a defualt printer and it seems to have worked.

Bit of an odd glitch but hay, I can save again... woohoo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to see that it helped. Thank you for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have this problem before until today. What a software has to do with printer? PS does have many hiccups along the way. Use a different program to finish your work instead of wasting hours looking for solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator saves printer information into the file.

When it cannot find a printer, it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I could see the printer when I clicked print in a web page and Phototshop. But in Illustrator > print, I got the spinning circle and it quit. How do I set the printer for illustrator in Mac? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set it up in the system as the default printer.

After system updates sometimes the printer gets lost. Or the driver doesn't work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - ai (Illustrator 2023) keeps crashing when I save, on my iMac (OS 12.6). I have no printer or other peripherals.

I didn’t have anything too fancy, (no placed images, or links), I did use the new interleave tool and I was also playing around with art brushes (paint). 
This version of .ai seems very buggy - I also can’t see the sample texts in the font menus.
Is there any updates coming? Thanks - K
I also have a crash report if anyone is interested 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - ai (Illustrator 2023) keeps crashing when I save, on my iMac (OS 12.6). I have no printer or other peripherals.

I didn’t have anything too fancy, (no placed images, or links), I did use the new interleave tool and I was also playing around with art brushes (paint). 
This version of .ai seems very buggy - I also can’t see the sample texts in the font menus.
Is there any updates coming? Thanks - K
I also have a crash report if anyone is interested 

By @KTA6

Your issue might be different (because of the font menu)

You could try and reset the preferences (this will erase all your settings) https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/how-to-reset-illustrator-preferences/td-p/106...

Please upload your crash report to pastebin (or Dropbox or whatever you prefer) and post a link in here if resetting the preferences does not help.

Preferably in a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @KTA6,

We are sorry for the trouble. We released Ai v27.2 today. Would you mind updating and checking if that helps? If not, please try the suggestion shared by Monika and let us know how it goes.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines