• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes when opening a new or old file

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started for the first time after the most recent update.

However, everytime I try to open a file I get the spinning wheel of death. Also happens when I try to create a new document. Which renders the program completly dead to me.

I have a Mac M1Pro and have uninstalled multiple times and cleared all illustrator preferences, and went through all the relative 'fixes' to no avail.

Is this a known issue and is there also a fix as I can't go days without being able to work.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 

Finally got it working by having to boot up safe mode, unistalling and reinstalling there. But now when opening a file or creating one I still get the spinning wheel of death. But then after 10 seconds it starts the file. There shouldnt be any issue running these programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't attest to this solving the issue (I'm not on a Mac) but it has been posted several times for various Mac install issues - try creating a new profile on the Mac, then install...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stephen@Jacknife,

Sorry to hear about this experience. We would like to investigate this further. Would you mind sharing a few more details like:

This information will really help us. I am looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines