• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashes when trying to batch save as a pdf with actions

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Illustrator CC 2019 on an iMac (macOS: Mojave Version 10.14.3, Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory: 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 MB) with two external Samsung monitors

I've been using a Batch Actions command to save multiple files (either AI or EPS) as a PDF for the past 9 months and it's been working just fine. All of a sudden when I try to do it now (started happening yesterday), Illustrator crashes every time I try to prefer the action. Below are the steps I take when trying to preform the action:

• I select the action I want to preform
  • Source: Folder
  • Choose the source folder
  • Destination: Folder
  • Choose the destination folder
    • Select Override Action "Save" Commands
  • Errors: Stop for Errors
  • Hit OK

As soon as I hit OK, Illustrator crashes. This is a necessity for my job so if anyone knows the answer it would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

I ended up figuring it out. There must have been something wrong with the action itself, because when I deleted the action and re-created it it started working just fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's rather difficult to evaluate your predicament.

Have you already shut off and then restarted your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've restarted my computer and uninstalled and re-installed Illustrator as well to see if that would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried reseting the preferences?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. Once before I uninstalled Illustrator and again when I uninstalled it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How complex are these Illustrator files?

Where is the folder located you are trying to save to? Local HD or remote server/External HD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files can vary. Most of the time they are very simple files with only a couple rectangle objects and text objects, but there are some times when the files are more complex. The ones I been trying to save recently have been very simple files.

I've actually tried to use a source and destination folder that was on the company network server and on my own computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up figuring it out. There must have been something wrong with the action itself, because when I deleted the action and re-created it it started working just fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illutrator 2022 crashes when I create an action with the "save and close" inside the action, then on the batch choose destination "save and close". Switching to "none" on the batch destination also prevents the crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I faced the same problem. Configured an action with open, save as EPS, close, and Illustrator continued to crash everytime I attempted to run it (restart, reinstall, reopen, tried everything). The Crittle1 solution (eliminate "save and close" from the action and just rely on the batch action to do it, well... worked like 1 in 3 attempts. Inconsistent, even for a bug...). So you may want to play with that and see when/where you get the results you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines