Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashing often when I try to select stroke color from control bar

Participant ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone.

Since I've updated to High Sierra 10.13.2, also, Illy CC, 22.0.1 I've been having noticeably more crashes.  It's becoming a problem.

It seems that randomly and about once every 45-60 minutes,  If I click on the stroke bock in my control bar, illustrator crashes.  It just immediately shuts downs. No hesitation.

Anyone else having problems with this or know of a fix?  Illustrator is usually pretty stable for me but I can't keep working on it like this.  I have to save every minute out of fear.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select from the Swatch panel is it OK?

I will probably reinstall Illustrator. If this does not work it is a tech support issue.

Are you MAC or Windows? could also be a memory issure

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franky Spills,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just a fyi its 2023 and with the latest current version, constantly updating, this constantly happens... switch stroke in the stoke pallet or anywhere else and illustrator just freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just a fyi its 2023 and with the latest current version, constantly updating, this constantly happens... switch stroke in the stoke pallet or anywhere else and illustrator just freezes.

By @Tobias21965391ktkl

Which version are you using?

Did you already reset the preferences? This will erase all your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines