Illustrator crashing on macbook

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

The problem is that since yesterday, when I try to open any illustrator file or just create a new board, it crashes and I have to force it to close. It is problem only with Illustrator.

(a screenshot of crashed moment, when I try to create a new file or open any file)

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 11.56.33.png

I uninstall and install the app a few times, updated the software, tried to repair the adobe cloud and later on uninstall the adobe cloud and install it again. Nothing helps from other topics on this forum, 

what can I do?

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 11.53.58.png

I need to finish things to work ASAP and it really makes me crazy I can not open the Illustrator,

will be grateful for your help!

Aga

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences?

If you can get to Illustrator Preferences/General click the button at the bottom and relaunch AI.

If not, hold shift+ctrl+cmd+opt when you start prior to the splash screen appearing.

Kevin Stohlmeyer
Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all fonts checked?

Is a printer connected and turned on?

Do you have any third  party plugins running?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @aga8,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the steps provided by Kevin and Monika helped resolve the problem. If not, I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Is it acting this way with some specific files? If yes, kindly share the link to download the file here or via DM.

Try running the app under the Root user account and please go through the steps outlined in this article and share your observations with us: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines