• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Crashing Randomly When Rounding Corners

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using the lastest versionas I just updated in an attempt to fix this issue. 

It doesn't happen everytime I round corners but randomly I will attempt to round a corner and Illustrator either crashes and closes completely or stays open and allows me to click around without actually doing anything. 

I've tried with multiple programs running in the background and also with only Illustrator running and either way it happens so I don't think it's a performance issue. Running a basically brand new iMac with M1.

This is the first part of the most recent crash report

Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process: Adobe Illustrator [1900]
Path: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2023/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Illustrator
Identifier: com.adobe.illustrator
Version: 27.2.0 (27.2.0)
Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2023-01-17 11:24:42.3464 -0500
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1 (22A400)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 822BD29E-68C2-B539-CC00-79AA6F5ECD74

Sleep/Wake UUID: B42E9976-AC5A-4D71-A73B-2B7D92896AE8

Time Awake Since Boot: 7200 seconds
Time Since Wake: 914 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Notes:
dyld_process_snapshot_create_for_process failed with 5

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process: exc handler [1900]

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen in a specific file? Or any file?

With any object or specific objects?

Is it only rounding corners or other things as well?

When was the last time you rebooted the computer?

Did you already try and reset the preferences (which will erase all your settings)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any file. Seems to be completely random outside of the fact that it only happens when rounding corners as far as I know. 

I've done everything I can think of. Update, Re-install, Clear Preferences.

Seems to be any object / line. Everything will be going fine and then as I'm pulling the little circle (excuse my lack of correct terminology) to round the corner it either stops effecting the object and let's me click around with no effect or it just closes completely mid rounding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was able to replicate around the 20 sec mark in this video. Granted I was clicking around quite a bit but usually I'm not doing so much when it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also found through trying to replicate the error that I'm able to close out that file and continue using the other open files as normal as long as Illustrator doesn't completely crash and close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. I've just tried and built your example with the square and didn't find any issues with it.

The little circle is called the corner widget.

Maybe you should post it as a bug report to get the engineers' attention. https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @LBGroup,

Sorry to hear about the crash. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and checking if it helps?

Also, kindly share the crash report by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html). While submitting the report, kindly use the same email account used here in the community so we can locate it quickly.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines