• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Crashing When adding Artworks to Library

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating "call outs" for aerial photography.  Upon dropping the Artwork into the Library it allows 1 to go through then system crashes on the second one.  After I reload, and start Illustrator again it repeats time and time again.  This has only begun happening for my last 3-4 projects - but it is tripleing my editing time.  Has anyone had a similar issue? - I cant find anything online. See photo for example of call outs.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

I found sometimes it Illustrator crashes when importing graphics to the library with the Document Raster Effects set to Resolution 300ppi. Try going to Effect > Document Raster Effects Setting & Changing resolution down to 150ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're adding just the graphic to the library? Or the photo and the graphics?

Which version and system is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding the Graphic to the library.  Not the photo.  Windows 10; Illustrator 2020- just re-installed after unistalling it the other day.  32GB RAM; 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just this graphic that doesn't work or other graphics as well?

Did you try logging out of your Adobe ID and then logging in again?

Is the Creative Cloud app up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the "call outs" I have created recently, yes, i have logged out of Adobe and logged in again, yes, the creative cloud is up to date - just checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the call-outs, yes, I have understood that part. But they all have something in common that causes this. Maybe it's the font, or something else.

Does the error also happen with different kinds of artwork?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesnt happen with my other artwork  Just the Gradient call outs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be just the ones with a colour gradient that have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the artwork so that others can try this?

And if you can't then maybe you will need to post a bug report.

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just done a series of tests and it only happens with the ones with a gradient colour not a solid colour.  All the fonts are the same. The types of call outs are the same, just different colours.  This said, it doesnt happen with all the gradient ones, but most of them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Sorry about this trouble. As Monika mentioned above, we might need to check this at our end. Would you mind sharing a file with Artwork where you can replicate this issue. 

This will help us understand if it is the artwork which is creating problems or Illustrator itself. If that works at our end, we can start with troubleshooting. 

Also, please do share if there is any plugins used while creating these files.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query. We'd be happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached file.

Example with gradient call outs on left and solid colour on right.

Select entire graphic and drop into library then repeat a second time. The
gradient ones should cause system to crash but the solid ones not.

Hope this is what you are chasing.

Kind regards,

James Baylee
Attachments area

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found sometimes it Illustrator crashes when importing graphics to the library with the Document Raster Effects set to Resolution 300ppi. Try going to Effect > Document Raster Effects Setting & Changing resolution down to 150ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines