• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS 6 activation

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! I just reformatted my hard drive and now cant activate my CS6 illustrator. Does anyone have a work around [illegal activity removed — this will get you banned if repeated]. I only use legit but it appears if you dont upgrade they are forcing us out! I dont want a subscription!! I like perpetual license!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing my activations snd was informed the server is no longer available for illustrator perpetual license. 
This email is with regard to downloading Illustrator CS6. I have checked the details and advised, I am sorry to inform as this is an end-of-life product we do not support the same anymore.

I an looking for a way to activate now besides a crack!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be news to me if Adobe shut off the activation servers for CS6 generation applications. I have an old CS5.5 Master Collection box. If the CS6 servers are down that must mean the CS5.5 ones are down as well. For some past versions of Creative Suite (such as CS2 and CS3) customers were given access to activation-free versions of the suites they purchased when those activation servers went offline.

It's important to note Creative Suite 6 was released over 11 years ago (May of 2012). Back then Microsoft was still distributing Windows 7. I don't know if CS6 apps can even run properly on Windows 10, much less Win 11. A lot of old software either has to run in old operating systems on old hardware or in a virtual machine within new computing hardware. Running old software on newer Macs can be an even more difficult challenge. Eventually everyone who uses computer software, particularly for work purposes, ends up having to move forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand with technology nothing sits still and progress is what I like! I Don't like the new model of subscription based, I would purchase illustrator if I could. I am running it on a new Lenovo with windows 11 just fine. My only glitch is the new high res displays, I have to change some compatibility options. I purchased my last upgrade in 2014 to CS5 from adobe. I started using illustrator close to 2000. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have my old floppy disc installers of Illustrator 4 and Photoshop 2.5 from 30 years ago. That's along with a collection of other Adobe install CDs. They all cost a lot of money to buy, but are now worth not much more than just mere keep sakes.

Most of us don't enjoy buying Software as a Service. But that's the direction where much of the computer software industry is heading. A full CC subscription is the equivalent of, in the past, having to buy every boxed software upgrade. Many of us skipped one or two versions before upgrading again. Anyone creating graphics on an amateur or hobbyist basis has a lot of affordable or free options. Those of us doing graphics work for a living often have to use Adobe's software due to a variety of reasons. It becomes unavoidable, particuarly if you're having to handle a lot of corporate provided artwork (nearly all of it is generated in Adobe applications). Factoring in the cost of one or more CC licenses just becomes a cost of doing business.

But I try to look at the bright side of the situation. A CC membership offers even more than what one could get in a Master Collection box. The Adobe Fonts service on its own is worth a lot of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteIt's important to note Creative Suite 6 was released over 11 years ago (May of 2012). Back then Microsoft was still distributing Windows 7. I don't know if CS6 apps can even run properly on Windows 10, much less Win 11.

CS6 (including Illustrator) runs perfectly well on Windows 11. For that matter, so does CS3 from 2007, and I'd be surprised if PS7 from 2002 (which is fine on Windows 10 if you have a <1TB partition) doesn't. Any barriers to installing (at least) CS3 and later on Windows are purely artificial. Adobe could provide activation-free installers like they used to for CS2 and CS3, but they choose not to.

It would also be news to me (but not surprising) if the CS6 activation servers have now been nuked. This page, last updated at the end of May, implies installation is still possible:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-suite.html

When activation does stop working (if it hasn't already), I assume we can't expect an activation-free version of CS6 (none was provided when they killed CS4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ebowen911 

Deactivate first as it says on this Help page. If you can't, you might need to get your activations reset first. Contact Adobe Customer Care.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html

janee_0-1689123156657.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines