• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS 6 activation

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! I just reformatted my hard drive and now cant activate my CS6 illustrator. Does anyone have a work around [illegal activity removed — this will get you banned if repeated]. I only use legit but it appears if you dont upgrade they are forcing us out! I dont want a subscription!! I like perpetual license!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing my activations snd was informed the server is no longer available for illustrator perpetual license. 
This email is with regard to downloading Illustrator CS6. I have checked the details and advised, I am sorry to inform as this is an end-of-life product we do not support the same anymore.

I an looking for a way to activate now besides a crack!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be news to me if Adobe shut off the activation servers for CS6 generation applications. I have an old CS5.5 Master Collection box. If the CS6 servers are down that must mean the CS5.5 ones are down as well. For some past versions of Creative Suite (such as CS2 and CS3) customers were given access to activation-free versions of the suites they purchased when those activation servers went offline.

It's important to note Creative Suite 6 was released over 11 years ago (May of 2012). Back then Microsoft was still distributing Windows 7. I don't know if CS6 apps can even run properly on Windows 10, much less Win 11. A lot of old software either has to run in old operating systems on old hardware or in a virtual machine within new computing hardware. Running old software on newer Macs can be an even more difficult challenge. Eventually everyone who uses computer software, particularly for work purposes, ends up having to move forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand with technology nothing sits still and progress is what I like! I Don't like the new model of subscription based, I would purchase illustrator if I could. I am running it on a new Lenovo with windows 11 just fine. My only glitch is the new high res displays, I have to change some compatibility options. I purchased my last upgrade in 2014 to CS5 from adobe. I started using illustrator close to 2000. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have my old floppy disc installers of Illustrator 4 and Photoshop 2.5 from 30 years ago. That's along with a collection of other Adobe install CDs. They all cost a lot of money to buy, but are now worth not much more than just mere keep sakes.

Most of us don't enjoy buying Software as a Service. But that's the direction where much of the computer software industry is heading. A full CC subscription is the equivalent of, in the past, having to buy every boxed software upgrade. Many of us skipped one or two versions before upgrading again. Anyone creating graphics on an amateur or hobbyist basis has a lot of affordable or free options. Those of us doing graphics work for a living often have to use Adobe's software due to a variety of reasons. It becomes unavoidable, particuarly if you're having to handle a lot of corporate provided artwork (nearly all of it is generated in Adobe applications). Factoring in the cost of one or more CC licenses just becomes a cost of doing business.

But I try to look at the bright side of the situation. A CC membership offers even more than what one could get in a Master Collection box. The Adobe Fonts service on its own is worth a lot of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteIt's important to note Creative Suite 6 was released over 11 years ago (May of 2012). Back then Microsoft was still distributing Windows 7. I don't know if CS6 apps can even run properly on Windows 10, much less Win 11.

CS6 (including Illustrator) runs perfectly well on Windows 11. For that matter, so does CS3 from 2007, and I'd be surprised if PS7 from 2002 (which is fine on Windows 10 if you have a <1TB partition) doesn't. Any barriers to installing (at least) CS3 and later on Windows are purely artificial. Adobe could provide activation-free installers like they used to for CS2 and CS3, but they choose not to.

It would also be news to me (but not surprising) if the CS6 activation servers have now been nuked. This page, last updated at the end of May, implies installation is still possible:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-suite.html

When activation does stop working (if it hasn't already), I assume we can't expect an activation-free version of CS6 (none was provided when they killed CS4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ebowen911 

Deactivate first as it says on this Help page. If you can't, you might need to get your activations reset first. Contact Adobe Customer Care.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html

janee_0-1689123156657.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

Does anyone have a work around for this CS6 activation issue?

I cannot even open Illustrator CS6 as the software is claimng too many activations. This is an error possibly caused by a power surge. I previously had been using CS6 on this computer for 2 years (there are no other computers with this license on them.) Said differently: I cannot deactivate the license on another computer because there are no such installations or activations.

• This issue began either when adobe shut down the activation servers -OR- as a result of a week of mutiple power surges in our area. I am not sure which, as it wasn't discovered immediately
  • I downloaded adobes CC cleaner and tried that and reinstalled. But still cannot past the "retry activation" screen
  • My 2nd question is... If Adobe shut down thier activation servers, how does my CS6 software think there are other activations. How would it keep track of that if there are no servers to down load from?

This never ending loop just does not make and sense.

Please help!

adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell the CS6 activation servers are still operational. It's likely you may need to contact Adobe's customer service and see if they can reset the activations for your license.

If the CS6 installation was corrupted by something like a power surge it might not "phone home" to deactivate the installation when uninstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, great advice! I appreciate everyone's input...

- I tried everything in the article "Activation limit reached for
non-subscription Adobe desktop applications
<>"
with no success.
- I tried support in the chat and they said that they no longer have
access to the activation servers and cannot help me. They referred me to
the community.
- I finally called support...
- A gentleman in tech support was very helpful and got me past the
activation window so Illustrator would actually load, but then the "Too
many activated devices' message popped up again. He transferred me to the
"perpetual Licenses" department
- I connected with another helpful person, but in the end the message
was the same.
- For non-subscription products such as the CS series, Adobe
CANNOT reset the activation count.
- Nor can they do any troubleshooting with your installed app
even if it is a software error as in my case (not actually
activation).

As all of the other posts concerning this issue state...

- In the end, all they can do is offer you a new subscription with a
short term discount
- He had his supervisor call me to discuss, and all she could do was
sell me a subscription with a reconfigured discount to look like it was a
sweeter deal

I already have a Photoshop/Lightroom subscription, but only use Illustrator
once in a while therefore, my CS6 was more than adequate for my needs (and
it was paid for).

- I used Photoshop 7 for years before upgrading to CS6
- I managed technology (as an Adobe Loyalite) for a creative shop with 5
full CC subscriptions for 7 years
- Then I worked for an agency for 4 more years where we had probably
15-20 CC licenses
- After so much loyalty, apparently it was just too much for Adobe to
let us continue to own and use a stand-alone copy of a CS product

Goodbye Illustrator, Adobe has been successful in sending another lifelong
customer to the competition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeffrey_A_Wright could you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for tagging me @Monika Gause!

@redduck40 I am sorry that you have exceeded the amount of allowable activations for Photoshop and Illustrator. You mentioned you already tried the suggestions referenced by Monika at https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/activation-limit-reached-for-non-subscri.... If this includes the use of the CC Cleaner tool, then you have completed the only troubleshooting steps that are available. Activation limits are no longer being increased, so you will need to purchase new software for use in 2024.

Please update this public discussion if you have any questions or encountered an error while running the CC Cleaner Tool. I did include a section on what can be done to preserve the number of allowable activations at https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/activation-limit-reached-for-non-subscri....

I recommend investing in some protection if you think that multiple power surges affected the integrity of the licensing files on the computer. The more common cause is the apps and licensing files being moved from one drive to another. Did you have to do this after a power outage, @redduck40?

Were the drives or hardware on the computer damaged and needed to be replaced after the power outages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activation limits are no longer being increased, so you will need to purchase new software for use in 2024.

By @Jeffrey_A_Wright

I wonder if, as an Adobe representative, you could clarify this statement? Is it now the case that Adobe will no longer reset activation counts in any circumstances? - i.e., outside the deactivation mechanism within CS6 itself, you provide no means of decrementing the activation counter? For example, if a user with an installed copy of CS6 suffers a hardware failure that means they can neither use nor deactivate that copy, it becomes a permanent 'zombie' activation, which if the activation limit has been reached can prevent them using the sofware they paid for altogether?

I'm sure I don't need to remind you that CS6 was sold until 2017, presumably up to and including the $2600 Master Collection, under a supposedly 'perpetual' licence. Is it therefore reasonable to suggest that the only solution is to purchase (or rather subscribe to) new software in 2024? Withdrawing necessary activation and deactivation mechanisms causes immense frustration to legitimate users. We have already seen complete removal of all activation services up to CS4, and it would be reasonable to suppose that CS5 and CS6 are on the same trajectory, possibly heralded by the change in activation reset policy.

A simple solution does exist that would remove this frustration at a stroke. Adobe could offer activation-free installers to holders of valid licence keys of the affected versions, as you previously did to CS3 users. Could you convey this suggestion to your relevant colleagues? There seems to be no other obvious mechanism of reaching anyone at Adobe who can do more than suggest a CC subscription or (pointlessly) refer customers back to this forum, whose users have no power to intervene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you @Jeffrey_A_Wright
<>

Your post was professional and stated the exact valid points that I
expressed to the last support rep I spoke to.

Although, you were much more eloquent and knowledgeable in your facts, and
now we have it in print.

Thank you from all of us who are affected by this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines