• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS6 Will not drop down font menu

New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No changes made to system (Windows latest version 10).  CS6 Master installed.  All of a sudden Illustrator (64bit) will NOT drop down the fonts list.  New file or old file...I can no longer cause the drop down list of fonts to populate.  I CAN directly type a font and it will populate, but I can no longer scroll and choose a font.

I completely uninstalled Illustrator, restarted the computer and then installed again...no good.

How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Windows 10 is constantly updating itself. CS6 is not supported for Windows 10. If you have been working with it up to now then you should consider that lucky. I've seen this problem presented a few times recently and it seems to coincide with the latest (automatic) updates that have been released for Windows 10. I'm betting that it is the updates to the OS which are affecting your CS6. The most probable solutions are to either roll back your operating system to pre-Windows 10 (future updates wil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your Windows Explorer, change your display view to "details".  If that does not show you want you the column are looking for, please right click the column header area and you will be able to select the columns you need ("date modified", in this case).

Good Luck.. Hope this helps..

Also, I'm seeing that there's around a 1000 font limit in CS6, but has been corrected in all newer versions.  I haven't had time to verify though.

Sky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking the 1000 font max thing is correct, I'm at about 800 something fonts right now after reinstalling fonts, and it's still working. I don't know, maybe that's the issue, maybe it's not. I thought that maybe the few fonts I had installed before this started happening may have been the cause, but it wasn't, the whole thing confuses me. I really don't need all the extra fonts I have in a seperate folder, it's just annoying I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!  It worked for me  : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Njgb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news! I'm a Windows10 Pro user with Illustrator CS4. No fonts were showing up in the pulldown menu.

EXCEPT here's what I did and now my issue is FIXED

I opened my Windows Font folder and just started deleting like crazy. I deleted at least 300 stupid fonts (not even sure WHY I had them).

I restarted Illustrator, and on launch I noticed the program flickered a bit and spazzed out saying Not Responding. After that happened I gave it a shot and THERE THEY ALL WERE in the pulldown menu.

I believe it was just an issue of font overload. Now I can resume designing a logo without having to GUESS at fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update 02/23 So I was having this isuue also for about 3yrs. Im still on cs6 and I went to the system fonts and remove abiout 300 or more files. I narrowed it down to stop working at 1104 fonts. 1098 is perfect. so there is a font Limit. if we can find that and over ride it you can add more fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines