• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator defaulting to right-to-left type tool

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been irritating me so much, and I can't find anyone with the same issue on the internet, It seems as the left-to-right type tool doesn't exist, when I press 'T' it brings up the right-to-left type tool.

Leon22897573vfmf_0-1643475082385.png

I don't see it anywhere, not while editing the toolbar, not when changing the shortcuts, how can I change it.

Now yes I do realize that the temporary fix is quite easy, but performing it every type I'm trying to add type really messes with my workflow.

I cannot be thankful enough if someone finds a way to fix it.

TOPICS
Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. To get these options, you will need to install the MENA (Middle East and North African languages) edition of Illustrator. The steps are here - (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/access-install-hebrew-arabic-indesign-illustrator-CC.html). Once you install the MENA edition, you will be able to see this option.

Also, you may check out this two-year-old third-party YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Zgldzzvi0).

I hope it helps!

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using this function. If you don't need Hebrew, Arabic language features, you can remove this function. This feature will be lost when you reinstall by changing the language option in CreativeCloud installation preferences.

If you want to use this function, but want to start with a tool that will write from left to right first, you need to prepare a new TOOLBOX. After you create a new toolbox, you need to save and fix it with the WorkSpace settings.Ekran Resmi 2022-01-31 15.46.21.png

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines