• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Dialog Boxes Moving To The Left Of Screen

Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since AI 25 upgrade every time I‘m using the dialog boxes like Color-Confirmation on opening a document, or Saving-Options, the dialog boxes don’t appear in the same spot but a little further to the left. This is kinda annoying. Tried to visualise this in a sequence of Open Dialog Boxes in a couple of screen shots. Trashing the prefs probably the best way to start, right?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Hi @SevenK @ssamanen,

We are sorry for the trouble. I am able to replicate this issue with Illustrator v26.5 on my MacBook Pro M1 Max running macOS v12.6. I have logged a bug with the product team, and they will be investigating the issue.

Would you mind confirming your system details & Illustrator and macOS exact versions?

Also, would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/) and adding your comment there? By doing this, you will get updates, which will help us

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Resetting the prefs did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright ... guess nobody else had this issue, still want to give you a quick update, just in case anybody else experiences this strange behaviour. 

Turned out to be a MacOS 12.5.X flaw, kinda went away after a restart, which I rather seldom do I must say. But then it reappeared after a short period of time. I’m still working on Intel i7, so I reseted the PRAM and apparently it looks like the dialog boxes stick to the position last set them to be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this thread, it's been driving me crazy.  Same MacOS.  The dialog box during the day ends up offscreen to the left, moves left every time I save.  I'll try the PRAM.  I'm on a Mac Pro, Intel Xeon W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah they stayed in place after I had reseted the PRAM ... for about half a day … then the restless dialog boxes started all over again. I must add the do move to the right as well, not just to the left. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SevenK @ssamanen,

We are sorry for the trouble. I am able to replicate this issue with Illustrator v26.5 on my MacBook Pro M1 Max running macOS v12.6. I have logged a bug with the product team, and they will be investigating the issue.

Would you mind confirming your system details & Illustrator and macOS exact versions?

Also, would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/) and adding your comment there? By doing this, you will get updates, which will help us prioritize.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure no problem, problems occur on a MacBookAir, Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, latest MacOS version 12.6., and latest AI version 26.5.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming the specifications @sevenK. The product team is also able to reproduce this, and they are currently investigating the issue. We appreciate your time & patience.

I will reach out to you if any further information is required.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  In case it helps, I'm on a Mac Pro, 8-core Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 12.5.1, Illustrator 26.5.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I will forward it to the product team. Also, would you mind upvoting this UserVoice? This way, you will get updates on this bug and help prioritise it.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted.  Weird that it's mostly in Chinese, but ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure this is the same problem, but I'm having an issue that's driving me nuts too. When I control-click to bring up the MOVE options menu - it always comes up underneath the tools palette on the left hand side of the screen now. It used to be wherever I control-clicked on the screen the drop down menu would appear right at the cursor so I could scroll directly to whatever I wanted to do (usually move an item). It's not a deal-killer problem, but it sure is annoying because it used to be super convenient and now it's almost the same as pulling down a regular menu from the top menu bar. The whole idea of control-clicking was to avoid that extra work.

See attached screen shot if you don't know what I'm referring to...

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 4.48.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jimp87522270,

Thanks for reaching out. This is a different issue from the one discussed in this post. This seems like an odd behavior, as I am unable to replicate the issue on my end. Would you mind resetting the preferences if you haven't done already, or try updating the macOS & Illustrator to the latest?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines