• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator does not save changes to an already created document.

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need super help.

I'm having a problem with my Illustrator. I use version 26.1, but this problem has already happened on another version and also on another computer. When I open some file created inside illustrator and I go to save it (ctrl + s) after making some changes, it doesn't know. Illustrator loads the save and shows as save complete (100%), after that I close the document. But when I go to open the document again, the document appears unchanged. I don't know how to solve this, but it's hurting me a lot, because sometimes I make a lot of changes in a single document, and I end up having to do it all over again.

Can anyone help me?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you save them? Desktop, server, cloud service folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a folder on your computer that syncs with the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of cloud sync service folder? Adobe Creative Cloud Files folder? Something  else?

Does first saving on your desktop and copy the result to that folder work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Illustrator preferences try and turn off "Save in background"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to re do the same. Can you send more information about the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The identical issue with saving the file troubles me. After saving it as a copy, I had to exit Illustrator to make the necessary changes one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it still happen when you turn off "Save in background"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I have version 27.3.1 and I save and close, then come back later and open the file, and my file is back to were it was beore I made the changes and saved. I made the change and unchecked "Save in background," closed illustrator, and then opened again, made the changes to the document, saved, and opened again and the changes aren't saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly where do you save the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is to a drive on a local server. The changes are small, the changes that seem to cause the issue are unhiding layers. I make them visible, and then save and close, I come back and they are hidden again. The preview in Illustrator on the main page when you open Illustrator shows the changes with the layers visibile, but when you open the file, the layers are hidden again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator does not like to save over networks. It might work for some, but fail for others. There is a technote about it: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that info, that is good to know! I just did a test, saved a copy to my desktop, and closed it, opened it, and ran the test again, an my saved modifcations to the document are still gone. Luckily for this document, it isn't a big issue, but I can forsee this being a bigger issue in the future, if bigger modifcations don't get saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen recording of this issue. This file is saved on my desktop.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JdfYNs8mZE-TGoqRjpOCW7Li2DMmvWoI/view?usp=share_link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe start all the obvious things:

- what happens when you save under a different name?

- reboot the computer?

- reset the preferences

- reinstall Illustrator?

What kind of system is it?

Did you check for viruses?

Does Illustrator have full disk access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines