• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator don't display LaTex font properly

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very annoying that Adobe doesn't support LaTex font but it is very important as many researchers who need to add LaTex equations when we create figures for publications. 

As you can see from the following, because the LaTex fonts, such as CMM10/5, etc are not supported, the equations on the pdf file that I created with LaTex don't display properly when I open it in illustrator. 

I have searched this online for a couple of hours with any good solution. Can anyone help me please? 

Xiaojie27637907v44k_0-1671489285400.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the font's aren't installed, but are you saying they are..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you supply a working file for us to test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked after installing the computer modern fonts from your TeX distribution. However, after the end of Type 1 font support, this doesn't work anymore. Placing the pdf in Illustrator works, but this is just a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines