• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator dropping selection

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have a problem - illustrator drops my selection after just seconds. I have something selected, go to change the tool and the selection is dropped already. Or I am drawing with pencil tool and I move the canvas a bit and the selection is lost. I never had this problem before but I have a new macbook and I assume it has something to do with that. I have reset preferences already, The advice given on this platform to a similar issue a few years back doesn't seem to work for me.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which pointing device do you use? The trackpad? A Wacom? Something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Orlando26534439i5qq,

Sorry to hear about this experience. As suggested by Monika, it would help if you could share a few more details, like the exact version of the OS and Illustrator installed on your computer.

Also, try disconnecting any tablet or pointing device (if any) and restarting your computer in Safe Mode and checking if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines