Exit

Illustrator eating up over 100GB of Scratch Disk

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

So my workstation is on Monterey 12.6 - 

The SSD is only 500GB and once I open Illustrator it starts eating up the scratch disk like crazy using over 160GB when fully loaded with a file open on the application,

I have also noticed that it does the same thing with Photoshop and if I have both open without any files open on the application they are using around 300GB of my Scratch disk, I had done fresh reinstalls of both applications just in case there were rogue plugins or extensions left over from previous installations but unfortunately, they both keep eating up the disc 

Any help is appreciated

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @sergeyi22,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind sharing more details about the scratch disk usage, like whether it gets freed up when you close the application, what are the dimensions of the file you are working on, and if you could share a sample file so that we can investigate this further?

Also, try setting up a different hard drive to use as Scratch Disk and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines