• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator + exporting images = blurry

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with exporting a logo from illustrator to png. My document raster effects setting is at 600 ppi, my document is set to high resolution. When I open the image (4" wide -- fonts converted to outline) the image looks fine. When I drop it into an email it looks like garbage. Just good old apple mail and I have never had this problem before. Any suggestions welcome! (blurry image is what I dropped into my mail program, the other is the actual image. This could be a compression issue with mail, but wanted to make sure before I went down that path. 

IAA Partners-01.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 5.57.50 PM.png 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Raster effects settings is for raster effects (Blur, Drop shadow,...) used with vector art.

Plays no effect when exporting vector artwork to a raster (pixel based) format.

How do you control de resolution of artwork exported as PNG ?

Using the command File>Export>Export As

There you have some settings like Resolution that will have an impact you will see in the exported raster format file.

Try to use 72/150/300 ppi and compare the difference in quality (and also on size). 

You can also used the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

It looks fine when I drop your first image into an Apple mail message.

Did you select Actual size in the message?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raster effects settings is for raster effects (Blur, Drop shadow,...) used with vector art.

Plays no effect when exporting vector artwork to a raster (pixel based) format.

How do you control de resolution of artwork exported as PNG ?

Using the command File>Export>Export As

There you have some settings like Resolution that will have an impact you will see in the exported raster format file.

Try to use 72/150/300 ppi and compare the difference in quality (and also on size). 

You can also used the legacy, but valid and useful Export>Save for Web option.

res-PNG.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! That's how I typically save my PNG's when I'm not making a web graphic. I'm wondering if it's something with apple mail compressing the items. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks fine when I drop your first image into an Apple mail message.

Did you select Actual size in the message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. Duh and duh to me. Thanks for helping to find my brain today! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you've got it solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue - working either in Photoshop or InDesign... Exporting (with legacy or export as) as PNG or JPG results in very blurry results. I've been doing this for 10+ years w/o any issues. I'm using InDesign 24.1.2 (64bit) on Windows. I tried the same with InDesign 24.0.1 (64bit) on Windows and there it perfectly works. PNG and JPG are sharp. Same settings. So, I assume it's a general issie 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines