Illustrator file icons no longer visible

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the version of Illustrator MacOS 12.3.1 Monterey update my file icons no longer show in Illustrator, what is the fix???

See the screenshot attached..

Driving me crazy.

Thanks

Wendi

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it's not a fix for your issue, but EPS is an old dying format. If at all possible, I'd recommend moving away from. EPS does not support transparency like AI files do. PostScript font support has or is being removed from the OS and apps. To me the writing is on the wall for PostScript (PS) in general. So if there are other more modern formats like PDF or AI that you can move to, you may want to consider it. Those are my personal thoughts, and I don't know what Adobe's plans are for EPS support. I'm basing it entirely on a guess of where tech has been and where I "think" it's going. I could be wrong, but others I know in this industry feel the same way I do so I'm not alone.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines