Illustrator flickering when moving cursor

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I updated Illustrator yesterday to version 26.0.1 and a strange flickering is now occurring. When I move my cursor the grey background behind the artboard flickers between light and darker grey. Also, filled shapes onscreen do the same thing -- jumping between a slightly lighter and darker shade of the same color. This appears to be related to onscreen guides for alignment trying to appear -- when the flickering is happening, alignment lines are visible, but no text (Anchor, Center, 45 degree angle, etc.). I'm attaching a quick screen recording in which you can see the flickering happening, then it stops, then starts back again. Never seen anything like this until the update yesterday. Please help, this is incredibly annoying and headache-inducing!

More about my system:

2017 Macbook Pro, 15"

2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7

16 GB Memory

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560, 4 GB

Dual screen setup via USB-C to an LG 27" 4K monitor (Model # BK67U), 60 Hz refresh rate

Thank you in advance for all suggestions and input :^)

PS -- Saw similar posts to the community but they were either older, occurring on M1 Macs, and/or not the same as my experience (with background and shape colors flickering).

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue as well.  I just got my new Macbook with an M1 chip.  I'm running Illustrator 26.0.1 and when I open an image the whole artboard turns white.  While I'm zooming in and out I'll catch glimpses of the image but then it turns completely white again and I can't see anything.  It's basically unusable at the moment. 

With this being a new computer and my first time running Adobe on an M1 computer, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there's a bug of some kind

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I'd add a screen capture too.  This time I was able to see the image as it opened but as soon as I choose the move tool and click on the image the screen turns white and I can only see the image outline when I mouse over it.  If I click, the screen turns blue and I can't see anything. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to try the following steps and let me know how it goes:

• Does turning off "Animated Zoom," "GPU Performance," & "Real-Time Drawing and Editing" from Illustrator Preferences > Performance > uncheck Animated Zoom, GPU Performance & Real-Time Drawing, and Editing helps to resolve the issue?
  •  Close all Adobe applications and go to the following locations:
    ~/Library/Caches
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Preferences
    Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the whole Creative Cloud & its applications using the CC Cleaner tool and delete all the Adobe files from searching in Mac.
  • Restart the Mac and reinstall apps from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. I hope it helps!

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines