• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Flickering Workspace Background

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I move my mouse on some of my Illustrator files, the background grey flicks between two shades of grey really fast and it hurts my eyes. I've recently just converted over to a new Apple Mac Mini with an M1 chip, so I don't know if this has anything to do with it (not sure if the issue is related to GPU or not). It also happens when I zoom in and out too. The only way to make it go away is to close and reopen the document. It will be fine for a while and then it will start up again. Again, not on on all documents, and not all of the time, just sometimes and it's just a minor inconvenience! I've attached a little screen recording as an example. 

I've done lots of searching and I can't find any resolutions yet, I'm thinking it's just a bug. Unless I'm wording this all wrong! 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

This solution worked for me. 14" MBP M1 Pro, workspace was flickering and aliasing like crazy. Disabling GPU Performance resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, will you please fix this! It’s been years since it was first reported and we still have to disable and then enable GPU-Performance again to stop flickering after swapping external screens. (Using v. 28.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE!! This problem is already going on for several years now. Please get this problem FIXED asap. My screen is  a STROBOSCOPE. We don't pay you for software that behaves like this. It simply isn't workable!! Macbook Pro M2 / 2x External DELL 27" Thank you for a final solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, Unchecking GPU performance doesn't do anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it help when you close Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the screen goes crazy to you have to:
1. Open Settings/Performance

2. Uncheck GPU Performance

3. Click OK to close settings

4. Open Settings/Performance again

5. Check GPU Performance

6. Click OK to close settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice, but unchezcking GPU Performance doesn't work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines