• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator for IPAD cannot place image from photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, today illustrator on IPad has decided it wont let my place any of my images/files into illustrator from anywhere I am suppose to be able to. I do this all the time for my job and now today it just gives me the red pop up warning, "Can't place file". I go to the image icon, select from the options of where I can place from, select what file or image unlinked or not, flatten image or convert layers to objects, and bam...can't do it. I just did it two days ago just fine and now it wont. I restarted my iPad and still doesn't work. I've tried every option to see if it just certain images/files but it won't place anything. Should I just re-install it at this point? I wish it would tell me more info on why it can't place. 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Hello @FrickinChristina,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try to remove the application, restart your iPad, and reinstall Illustrator to check if it makes a difference.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @FrickinChristina,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try to remove the application, restart your iPad, and reinstall Illustrator to check if it makes a difference.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and I did reinstall illustrator and there is no change. Is there another fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem was solved when I unlocked my layer

I am having the same issue and I did reinstall illustrator and there is no change. Is there another fix?

By @default8nfm8mbs297f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @default8nfm8mbs297f,

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. To help other users with similar problems, would you mind marking the answer as correct? We appreciate your contribution to the community. Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns. We're always here to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines