• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Graphs/Charts tool

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to create a Gantt Chart in Illustrator using the charts and graphs tool? I have CC and am currently working on a project that requires a timeline of dates with names. Example: Smith was in service from Jan 1, 1993 to July 1, 2017; David was in service from Jan 3, 2011 to Jan 3 2015; etc. I can't figure out how to insert the data so it's not all starting at the same axis point like the below excel chart.

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

No, you can't create that with Illustrator's graph tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't create that with Illustrator's graph tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ashleel,

As Monika said this can not be achieved in Illustrator.However, share your suggestions here: Adobe Illustrator Feedback

This is the best way of communicating to the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure if you can use this style to recreate what you're looking for, but I recently created something like this with Column designs. basically using a multi bar chart and creating the column designs to work with the style i'm trying to create.

for yours, it would be a 4 multi bar, the first bar would be white, the second black, third purple, etc. the first bars cover the next. 

The elements to the left of the artboard are the column designs. you can see when i show the frame edges you can see its actually a multi bar chart, but the end result looks more like a slider chart.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 11.17.49 PM.png

Result:

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 11.15.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines