• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator has been so laggy lately

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustartor has been so bogged down its taking for ever to get anything done. I have it set to use lowres eps fiels but i keep have to turn that setting on as illustrator turns it off on its own. Im not doing anything crazy with design so idk why this has been such an issue.

Im running windows 10 with

AMD ryzen 7 3800XT 8 core

64gb ram
RTX 3060 ti 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Hello @Scarlett.3369,

Sorry to hear about this experience and for the late response. I would request you try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Scarlett.3369,

Sorry to hear about this experience and for the late response. I would request you try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always the first step in debugging. Yes I did this and it's still an issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have random layers being selected as well?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm havaing the same issue. even with a blank document open it lags like crazy. This severely impacts workflow. I'll be reverting to a previous version in the meantime. Not sure if you have the same issue with acrobat as well, but I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines