Exit

Illustrator Help

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

I am fairly new to Illustrator and have a quick question;

In Photoshop I could type out a text, and add a stroke to it, then I could render it and add a seperate stroke. Almost as if it saves the text as it is and starts again.

Now in Illustrator, I have a text that I have made slightly bolder by adding the same colour stroke. Now I want to save the text as it is and add a stroke on top of the stroke - the same feature that Photoshop offers fairly easily I cannot figure out in Illustrator.

Any help much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

No need to render it out. If you just go to the appearance panel you can duplicate the existing stroke and then modify the copy. You can have multiple strokes in Illustrator. Here is a tutorial with some information. Really all you do is select the stroke in the appearance panel, then click the duplicate selected item button and change the settings. You can even align the strokes to the inside or outside.  Glad to have you in the Illustrator group!

How to adjust appearance attributes in Illustrator

How to apply strokes in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to render it out. If you just go to the appearance panel you can duplicate the existing stroke and then modify the copy. You can have multiple strokes in Illustrator. Here is a tutorial with some information. Really all you do is select the stroke in the appearance panel, then click the duplicate selected item button and change the settings. You can even align the strokes to the inside or outside.  Glad to have you in the Illustrator group!

How to adjust appearance attributes in Illustrator

How to apply strokes in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks mate! Spot on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the appearance panel, you can add multiple strokes. How to adjust appearance attributes in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines