• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Intertwine - pdf X4 export for print

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested the new intertwine feature in illustrator.

when i go to export the file for print as a pdfX4, it generates a 72dpi image from the interwined section.

how can i fix this?

TOPICS
Bug , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our notice. The team is aware of it and is working towards resolving the issue in a future update. Till the time it is fixed, please upvote this request on this UserVoice page and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Try the 27.1 update for the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Hi @marcel81 @MPdre @hanielm1191389,

I am glad to inform you that this has been addressed with the Ai v27.1.1 released recently. Please update the app and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show us what exactly you have in that intertwine?

When expanding an Intertwine it is actually just a stack of objects with clipping masks. The rasterization should not be caused by the Intertwine, so it would really help if you could post some details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have attached a illustrator standard pdf (vectorized, working) and the pdfX4. as you can see, only the intertwined section is pixeled, the other objects are vectors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i switch to compatibility -> acrobat 8 (PDF 1.7) in the save pdf menu, it works. acrobat 7 (PDF 1.6) does not.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-19 um 10.59.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 gives me the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can repeat the problem, create 2 intertwining circles, save as PDF with the Illustrator default settings and you get a bitmap.

I would advise to report it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i allowed me to copy your summary 🙂 thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thank you for reporting it. I just tried to bring it to the attention of the Illustrator team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps. same issue when i go to import a 2023 file with intertwine parts into illustrator 2022. the intertwined content will be converted to bitmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add here that live Intertwine in a fully-vector graphic saved as .ai and placed in InDesign also results in rasterization of the Intertwine. Full expansion is the only way I've found to keep it all vector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our notice. The team is aware of it and is working towards resolving the issue in a future update. Till the time it is fixed, please upvote this request on this UserVoice page and stay tuned for updates.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But has anyone from adobe tested this game changing feature before launching it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I have seen this is a problem for all PDF settings. I solved it by expanding appearance before PDF export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue i place AI files directly in Indesign and after exporting to PDF i only see LowRes pictures.

I expanded the intertwine object en all problems solved 😉 BUT

It would be nice if they come with a solution for this so we do not have to make a duplicate as backup for changes afterwords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the 27.1 update for the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @marcel81 @MPdre @hanielm1191389,

I am glad to inform you that this has been addressed with the Ai v27.1.1 released recently. Please update the app and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines