• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator is asking to record my computer's screen after Catalina update

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to OSX Catalina last week and have been enjoying the hightened security—apps and websites now have to request permission for a wider range of things (even to begin downloading something from Safari etc.)

However, I was quite disgruntled and confused when Iluustrator (which I use on a daily basis) requested permission to record my screen? Is this something nafarious, or does it 'techically' class as screen recording but actually Illustrator just needs these permissions to function correctly? I have up-to-date CC and Iluustrator, and the only third-party plugin I have installed is VectorScribe by Astute Graphics—maybe it's something to do with that?

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Apple's new system comes with restrictive permission policies and you really need to read the documentation of all those settings. There is no alternative to learning your system.

As for Illustrator wanting to record your screen: you can ignore that. It might affect working with the eyedropper tool and picking up colors from anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Monika is right, Adobe apps do not require access to your Calendar, Contacts, Camera or Location. Apple's new privacy protections apply to the directories that contain your calendars, contacts, photos, mail, and messages. Please check this link for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/cc-apps-macmojave.html 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple's new system comes with restrictive permission policies and you really need to read the documentation of all those settings. There is no alternative to learning your system.

As for Illustrator wanting to record your screen: you can ignore that. It might affect working with the eyedropper tool and picking up colors from anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey dokey, thanks for the speedy response 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I'm not clear from your answer what happens when Illustrator records the screen. Can you confirm that the screen recording is not sent to Adobe? Is it only used locally for the eyedropper to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Monika is right, Adobe apps do not require access to your Calendar, Contacts, Camera or Location. Apple's new privacy protections apply to the directories that contain your calendars, contacts, photos, mail, and messages. Please check this link for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/cc-apps-macmojave.html 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the thorough response. I just ran into this issue with Photoshop CC 2020 and my questions are now resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines